LTCH Quality Reporting Training
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has many sources of information about the Long-Term Care Hospital (LTCH) Quality Reporting Program (QRP) for hospitals and other stakeholders including:
- Training Materials and In-person Training
- Training Q&As
- Special Open Door Forum (SODF) Presentations
September 26, 2019
Refresher Webinars on Reporting Healthcare Personnel Influenza Vaccination Summary Data
The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) invites staff from long-term acute care hospitals (LTACHs or LTCHs) to participate in live training webinars. The webinars will cover reporting healthcare personnel (HCP) influenza vaccination summary data to the National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN).
These are refresher trainings, as the reporting requirements have not changed from last year’s influenza season. The trainings will review topics such as requirements for collecting HCP influenza vaccination summary data and entering data into NHSN.
The webinars will be presented at the date and time listed below:
Training Webinar for Long-term Acute Care Hospitals
- Thursday, October 3, 2019 from 12:30 PM-1:30 PM ET
Facilities can register for a webinar using this link: https://www2.cdc.gov/vaccines/ed/nhsn/registration/.
For questions on HCP influenza vaccination summary data reporting, please send an e-mail to: NHSN@cdc.gov and include “HPS Flu Summary” and your facility type in the subject line.
June 26, 2019
NEW TRAINING EVENT — Updated Section GG Web-based Training Course
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is offering a web-based training course on how to properly code of Section GG. This 45-minute course is intended for providers in the following care settings: Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNFs), Long-Term Care Hospitals (LTCHs), Inpatient Rehabilitation Facilities (IRFs), and Home Health Agencies (HHAs); and is designed to be used on demand anywhere you can access a browser. The course is divided into the following four lessons and includes interactive exercises that allow you to test your knowledge in real life scenarios:
• Lesson 1: Importance of Section GG for Post-Acute Care
• Lesson 2: Section GG Assessment and Coding Principles
• Lesson 3: Coding GG0130.Self-Care Items
• Lesson 4: Coding GG0170.Mobility Items
If you have technical questions or feedback regarding the training, please email the PAC Training mailbox. Content-related questions should be submitted to the Quality Reporting Program Help Desk for your care setting.
June 07, 2019
Video Tutorials Available to Assist with Coding Specific Section GG Items
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services is releasing a series of short videos to assist providers with coding select Section GG items on the OASIS, IRF-PAI, LTCH CARE Data Set, and the MDS. These videos, ranging from 4-12 minutes, are designed to provided targeted guidance using simulated patient scenarios. To access the videos, click on the links below:
January 25, 2019
Section GG Decision Tree Training Document Now Available
A decision tree training document to help with coding Section GG self-care and mobility data elements is now available. This document provides an overview of the 6 codes and coding instructions for admission/discharge.
June 22, 2018
May 2018 LTCH QRP Post-Training Materials Are Now Available
Post-training materials (includes answers to knowledge checks) from the May 2018 Long-Term Care Hospital (LTCH) Quality Reporting Program (QRP) Provider Training held in Baltimore, MD, on May 8 and 9, 2018, are now available in the Downloads section below.
Please note: The Q&A document will be published shortly. An announcement will be posted when it is available.
January 30, 2018
December 6-7, 2017 LTCH QRP Post-Training Materials Are Now Available
Post-training materials (includes answers to knowledge checks) and the question and answer (Q+A) document from the December 2017 Long-Term Care Hospital (LTCH) Quality Reporting Program (QRP) Provider Training held in Dallas, TX, on December 6 and 7, are now available under the Related links section below.
Please note: Any unanswered training questions and additional guidance on the training materials will be forthcoming via the LTCH QRP website and future trainings.
- May 2018 LTCH QRP Provider Training Q and A [PDF, 376KB]
- May_2018_LTCH_QRP_Provider_Training_Day_One_Part_1_Post_Training [ZIP, 19MB]
- May_2018_LTCH_QRP_Provider_Training_Day_One_Part_2_Post_Training [ZIP, 5MB]
- May_2018_LTCH_QRP_Provider_Training_Day_Two_Part_1_Post_Training [ZIP, 14MB]
- May_2018_LTCH_QRP_Provider_Training_Day_Two_Part_2_Post_Training [ZIP, 11MB]
- LTCH_Agenda_Baltimore-May2018.pdf [PDF, 94KB]
- May_2018_LTCH_QRP_Provider_Training_Day_One_Part_1 [ZIP, 18MB]
- May_2018_LTCH_QRP_Provider_Training_Day_One_Part_2 [ZIP, 5MB]
- May_2018_LTCH_QRP_Provider_Training_Day_Two [ZIP, 19MB]
- Dec_2017_LTCH_QRP_Provider_Training.zip [ZIP, 16MB]
- LTCH QRP Provider Training Agenda- Dallas December 6-7, 2017.pdf [PDF, 87KB]
- August_2017_LTCH_QRP_Refresher_Webinar_Q_and_A.pdf [PDF, 198KB]
- August_2017_LTCH_QRP_Refresher_Webinar_with_answers.pdf [PDF, 8MB]
- August_2017_LTCH_QRP_Refresher_Webinar_without_answers.pdf [PDF, 8MB]
- May_2017_Review_and_Correct_Reports_Provider_Post_Training_Materials.zip [ZIP, 2MB]
- May 2 Review Correct Webcast QA- May 2017.pdf [PDF, 388KB]
- May_2017_Review_and_Correct_Reports_Provider_Training (1).zip [ZIP, 2MB]
- September_2018_IRF_LTCH_Section_M_Webinar_without_answers [PDF, 4MB]
- September_2018_IRF_LTCH_Section_M_Webinar_with-answers [PDF, 4MB]
- August_2018_IRF_LTCH_QRP_Section_N_Webinar_without_answers [PDF, 8MB]
- August_2018_IRF_LTCH_QRP_Section_N_Webinar_with_answers 508 [PDF, 7MB]
- GG Self-Care & Mobility Activities Decision Tree [PDF, 447KB]
- Page last Modified: 09/26/2019 3:03 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins