MDS 3.0 RAI Manual
This page contains the MDS 3.0 RAI Manual v1.15R and MDS forms, effective October 1, 2017, including the Errata updates released December 15, 2017. This version of the MDS 3.0 RAI Manual incorporates clarifications to existing coding and transmission policy; it also addresses clarifications and scenarios concerning complex areas.
The Related Links section at the bottom of this page contains:
1. MDS 3.0 RAI Manual v1.15R October 1, 2017 (R)
• A Single PDF file of the entire RAI manual for use as an electronic version with bookmarks that you can click on to take you to each section of the manual.
2. MDS 3.0 RAI Manual v1.15R and Change Tables October 1 2017 (R)
• Traditional zip files of the RAI manual and the change tables that crosswalk the changes made to this year’s manual. Note: This is the same material as the first item above, except there are separate files for each chapter or subchapter.
3. MDS Forms (Item Sets) v1.15.1 October 1 2017
• Two folders separate the v1.15.1 MDS forms (MDS item sets) into those used in long term care facilities (SNFs and NFs) and those used in swing bed facilities.
4. MDS RAI Manual Appendix B
• Updated contact lists for the state and regional RAI/MDS contacts.
5. 2017 RAI User's Manual Provider Updates 10-01-2017
• A PowerPoint presentation highlighting the major changes to the October 1, 2017 RAI User's Manual.
June 28, 2018
The June 28 update of Appendix B to the RAI Manual contains changes to the list of State RAI Coordinators, MDS Automation Coordinators, RAI Panel members, and Regional Office contacts. The file is located in the Related Links section below.
January 25, 2018
The Related Links section has been updated to include updated MDS 3.0 RAI Manual v1.15R files. These files have been updated to include the revised Sections I, N and P, per the Errata released on December 15, 2017. Updated manual pages are marked with the footer “October 2017 (R).”
December 15, 2017
The PDF file labeled “MDS3.0RAIManualv1.15R.Errata,” available in the Downloads section below, contains revisions to pages in Chapter 3, Sections I, N, and P, of the MDS 3.0 RAI Manual v1.15R that correct some mechanical errors (a misspelling and an omission of an item number in a heading), update a list of resources and the accompanying explanation regarding their use, and clarify the coding for certain MDS items, including I2300, N0410, N0450, P0100, and P0200.
Changed manual pages are marked with the footer “October 2017 (R).”
The errata document begins with a table that lists all identified revisions and the pages to which they have been applied. Following the table are the actual corrected replacement pages for insertion into the printed manual.
Questions or comments regarding the MDS 3.0 should be directed to your State RAI Coordinator. State RAI Coordinator contact information can be found in MDS 3.0 RAI Manual Appendix B in the Related Links section below.
Disclaimer: This webpage is the only official site where the MDS 3.0 training materials are posted. Content contained in the files posted on this site should not be changed in any manner.
Legal Notice Regarding MDS 3.0 - Copyright 2011 United States of America and interRAI. This work may be freely used and distributed solely within the United States. Portions of the MDS 3.0 are under separate copyright protections; Pfizer Inc. holds the copyright for the PHQ-9; Confusion Assessment Method. © 1988, 2003, Hospital Elder Life Program. All rights reserved. Adapted from: Inouye SK et al. Ann Intern Med. 1990; 113:941-8. Both Pfizer Inc. and the Hospital Elder Life Program, LLC have granted permission to use these instruments in association with the MDS 3.0.
- 1. MDS 3.0 RAI Manual v1.15R October 1, 2017 (R) - Opens in a new window
- 2. MDS 3.0 RAI Manual v1.15R and Change Tables October 1, 2017 (R) - Opens in a new window
- 3. MDS Forms (Item Sets) v1.15.1R October 1, 2017 - Opens in a new window
- 4. MDS RAI Manual Appendix B 06-28-2018 - Opens in a new window
- 5. 2017 RAI User’s Manual Provider Updates 10-01-2017 - Opens in a new window
- Page last Modified: 06/28/2018 10:37 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins