MDS 3.0 RAI Manual
This page contains the MDS 3.0 RAI Manual v1.16 and MDS forms, effective October 1, 2018. This version of the MDS 3.0 RAI Manual incorporates clarifications to existing coding and transmission policy; it also addresses clarifications and scenarios concerning complex areas.
The Related Links section at the bottom of this page contains:
MDS 3.0 RAI Manual v1.16 October 1, 2018
- A single PDF file of the entire RAI manual for use as an electronic version with bookmarks that you can click on to take you to each section of the manual.
MDS 3.0 RAI Manual v1.16 and Change Tables October 2018
- Traditional zip files of the RAI manual and the change tables that crosswalk the changes made to this year’s manual. Note: This is the same material as the first item above, except there are separate files for each chapter or subchapter.
MDS 3.0 RAI Manual v1.16 Replacement Manual Pages and Change Tables October 2018
- Replacement pages for this year’s manual changes for those who want to update their existing paper-based manual with just the pages that have changed. It also includes the change tables that crosswalk the changes made to this year’s manual.
MDS Forms (Item Sets) v1.16.1 October 2018
- Two folders separate the v1.16.1 MDS forms (MDS item sets) into those used in long term care facilities (SNFs and NFs) and those used in swing bed facilities.
MDS RAI Manual Appendix B
- Updated contact lists for the state and regional RAI/MDS contacts.
October 25, 2018
The October 25 update of Appendix B to the RAI Manual contains changes to the list of State RAI Coordinators, MDS Automation Coordinators, RAI Panel members, and Regional Office contacts. The file is located in the Related Links section below.
October 1, 2018
The PDF file labeled “MDS3.0RAIManualv1.16R.Errata.October.1.2018,” available in the Downloads section below, contains revisions to pages in Chapter 3, Section J, of the MDS 3.0 RAI Manual v1.16R, that amend the criteria for Major Surgery and correct the associated examples.
Changed manual pages are marked with the footer “October 2018 (R).”
The errata document begins with a table that lists all identified revisions and the pages to which they have been applied. Following the table are the actual corrected replacement pages for insertion into the printed manual.
Questions or comments regarding the MDS 3.0 should be directed to your State RAI Coordinator. State RAI Coordinator contact information can be found in MDS 3.0 RAI Manual Appendix B in the Related Links section below.
Disclaimer: This webpage is the only official site where the MDS 3.0 training materials are posted. Content contained in the files posted on this site should not be changed in any manner.
Legal Notice Regarding MDS 3.0 - Copyright 2011 United States of America and interRAI. This work may be freely used and distributed solely within the United States. Portions of the MDS 3.0 are under separate copyright protections; Pfizer Inc. holds the copyright for the PHQ-9; Confusion Assessment Method. © 1988, 2003, Hospital Elder Life Program. All rights reserved. Adapted from: Inouye SK et al. Ann Intern Med. 1990; 113:941-8. Both Pfizer Inc. and the Hospital Elder Life Program, LLC have granted permission to use these instruments in association with the MDS 3.0.
- MDS 3.0 RAI Manual v1.16 October 1, 2018 - Opens in a new window
- MDS 3.0 RAI Manual v1.16 and Change Tables October 1, 2018 - Opens in a new window
- MDS 3.0 RAI Manual v1.16 Replacement Manual Pages and Change Tables October 2018 - Opens in a new window
- MDS RAI Manual Appendix B 10-25-2018 - Opens in a new window
- MDS Forms (Item Sets) v1.16.1 October 1, 2018 - Opens in a new window
- Page last Modified: 10/25/2018 8:47 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins