Caregivers are broadly defined as family members, friends or neighbors who provide unpaid assistance to a person with a chronic illness or disabling condition.
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) works to build bridges with caregiver organizations, both federal and non-federal, to better serve Americans in need with national and local resources to assist in their caregiving efforts.
CMS hosts a quarterly Caregiver Workgroup meeting. It includes a cross-section of organizations such as caregiver organizations, aging network organizations, Federal Agencies, disease specific organizations, employers, and others.
**The next quarterly Caregiver Workgroup meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, November 6, 2019 from 9am-11am ET in Washington DC. Please register to attend this meeting at:CMS Caregiver Workgroup Mtg.
- 11359- Medicare and Skilled Nursing Facility Benefits: Getting Started
- 11360- Medicare’s Coverage of Dialysis and Kidney Transplant Benefits
- 11358- Medicare & Your Mental Health Benefits: Getting Started
- 11361- Medicare and Hospice Benefits: Getting Started
- 11357- Medicare’s Home Health Benefit: Getting Started
Social Security Administration (SSA) Representative Payee Training Module https://www.ssa.gov/payee/rp_training2.html
NIH-National Institute on Aging (NIA) Caregiving: https://www.nia.nih.gov/health/caregiving
Eldercare Locator: www.eldercare.acl.gov
State Health Insurance Assistance Programs (SHIP): https://www.shiptacenter.org/
Consumer Financial Protection Bureau: https://www.consumerfinance.gov/
Compare Tools: Information to Help You Care for Others
- Dialysis Facility Compare: https://www.medicare.gov/dialysisfacilitycompare/#search
- Home Health Compare: https://www.medicare.gov/homehealthcompare/search.html
- Hospice Compare: https://www.medicare.gov/hospicecompare/
- Long-Term Care Hospital Compare: https://www.medicare.gov/longtermcarehospitalcompare/
- Nursing Home Compare: https://www.medicare.gov/nursinghomecompare/search.html
- Physician Compare: https://www.medicare.gov/physiciancompare/