CMS updates the NCCI Policy Manual for Medicaid Services once a year. The NCCI Policy Manual should be used as a general reference tool that explains the rationale for NCCI edits. The most current policy manual, effective Jan. 1, 2024, was posted on Dec. 1, 2023. Additions and revisions to the manual are noted in red font. Additional prior versions of the National Correct Coding Initiative Policy Manual for Medicaid Services are available in the Medicaid NCCI Policy Manual Archive.
Find answers to frequently asked questions about NCCI Methodologies in the FAQ Library.
View Manual by Chapter
- List of Acronyms (PDF)
- Complete Table of Contents (PDF)
- Introduction (PDF)
- Chapter 1 - General Correct Coding Policies (PDF)
- Chapter 2 - Anesthesia Services CPT Codes 00000-01999 (PDF)
- Chapter 3 - Surgery: Integumentary System CPT Codes 10000-19999 (PDF)
- Chapter 4 - Surgery: Musculoskeletal System CPT Codes 20000-29999 (PDF)
- Chapter 5 - Surgery: Respiratory, Cardiovascular, Hemic and Lymphatic Systems CPT Codes 30000-39999 (PDF)
- Chapter 6 - Surgery: Digestive System CPT Codes 40000-49999 (PDF)
- Chapter 7 - Surgery: Urinary, Male Genital, Female Genital, Maternity Care and Delivery Systems CPT Codes 50000-59999 (PDF)
- Chapter 8 - Surgery: Endocrine, Nervous, Eye and Ocular Adnexa, and Auditory Systems CPT Codes 60000-69999 (PDF)
- Chapter 9 - Radiology Services CPT Codes 70000-79999 (PDF)
- Chapter 10 - Pathology and Laboratory Services CPT Codes 80000-89999 (PDF)
- Chapter 11 - Medicine, Evaluation, and Management Services CPT Codes 90000-99999 (PDF)
- Chapter 12 - Supplemental Services HCPCS Level II Codes A0000-V9999 (PDF)
- Chapter 13 - Category III Codes CPT Codes 0001T-0199T (PDF)
This archive contains past versions of the Medicaid NCCI Policy Manual.