HQRP Training and Education Library
HQRP Training and Education Library
About this Page
The purpose of this page is to provide access to materials from past Hospice Quality Reporting Program (HQRP) trainings and educational events. Materials on this page are organized by event and listed below in order of the date of release. Materials from each event (e.g., PowerPoint slides, tip sheets, Q&A documents) are posted in the files in the Downloads section below. The links for web-based trainings are located within the posted announcement. Providers can browse this training library for topics of interest and use the associated links and downloads to increase their knowledge and train hospice staff on topics pertinent to the HQRP.
Older trainings are moved to the Hospice Quality Reporting Archives page when at least some portion of their content is out-of-date. Archived trainings may be helpful to providers for historical reference.
May 30, 2023
UPDATED RESOURCE AVAILABLE: Introduction to the Hospice Quality Reporting Program (HQRP) Web-Based Training
The Introduction to the HQRP Web-Based Training is a two-part training series for Hospice providers.
Course 1: Getting Started with the HQRP and Public Reporting Provides a general overview of the HQRP and reviews the program’s use of three data sources: The Hospice Item Set (HIS), the Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS®) Hospice Survey, and the Medicare claims. Course 1 contains the following six lessons:
- What is the HQRP?
- HIS and the HIS Manual
- Timing and Maintenance of the HIS
- HQRP Claims-Based Quality Measures
- The CAHPS® Hospice Survey
- Care Compare and Public Reporting
Course 2: HQRP Data Submissions and Reports Provides an introduction to the HQRP data submission requirements and reports available to providers. Course 2 contains the following six lessons:
- Getting Ready to Submit the HIS
- HIS Item Completion
- Successful Submission and Acceptance of the HIS
- Identifying and Addressing Errors on the FVR
- Overview of the HQRP Provider Reports
- HQRP Useful Websites and Resources
Although the course lessons were designed to be completed in sequential order, you may jump to any topic of interest. Each lesson can be completed at your own pace.
Links to web-based trainings:
- Course 1 – Getting Started with the Hospice Quality Reporting Program (HQRP) and Public Reporting
- Course 2 – Hospice Quality Reporting Program (HQRP) Data Submission and Reports
UPDATED RESOURCE AVAILABLE: HQRP Acronym List
This revised resource is an updated list of acronyms commonly used throughout HQRP training materials and presentations. Providers may wish to download and/or print this acronym list to have available as they review resources in the Training and Education Libraries.
This resource is available in the Downloads section below: “HQRP Acronym List_August 2022”.
If you have questions regarding resources and trainings, please email the PAC Training Mailbox. Content-related questions should be submitted to the HospiceQualityQuestions@cms.hhs.gov or HospicePRquestions@cms.hhs.gov.
October 08, 2021
The FY 2022 Hospice Final Rule: What Hospices Need to Know! Webinar
The post-training materials are now available for The FY 2022 Hospice Final Rule: What Hospices Need to Know! webinar that took place on Tuesday, August 31, 2021. The purpose of this training is to educate providers about the changes in the Hospice Quality Reporting Program (HQRP) as a result of the Hospice Final Rule. This webinar covers an overview of the FY 2022 Hospice Final Rule, details the changes included in the rule, and describes the public reporting of quality measures (QMs) for hospices.
- Webinar slides and Q&A document: See zip file titled “2021_Aug.31_Hospice Final Rule Webinar” in the Downloads section below.
- Video recording: A video of the webinar is available on YouTube: https://youtu.be/KudK-H6sSOg.
July 02, 2021
The HQRP – Understanding the Composite Quality Measure Webinar
The purpose of this training is to provide a general overview of the Hospice Quality Composite Measure and how it differs from individual quality measures. Specific topics include:
- What is a Composite Measure?
- Current HQRP Composite Measure
- Calculation of a Composite Measure
- Interpreting and Using Composite Measure Results
- HQRP resources
- Webinar slides and Q&A document: See the zip file titled “2021_June.2_HQRP Composite Quality Measure Webinar” in the Downloads section at the bottom of this webpage.
- Video recording: A video recording of the webinar is available on YouTube (https://youtu.be/_ttDpyeVeFk).
April 15, 2021
Changes in the Hospice Item Set (HIS) Manual V3.00 Webinar
Overview of Content: The purpose of this training is to provide a general overview of the changes included in the Hospice Item Set (HIS) Manual V3.00. It is a helpful resource for current and new hospice providers to ensure success with the quality reporting program.
This webinar covers:
- The Hospice Quality Reporting Program (HQRP) Requirements
- Changes in Hospice Item Set (HIS) Manual V3.00
- The data sources that will comprise the HQRP
- The new quality measure (QM) created from administrative data (Medicare claims)
- HQRP resources
- Webinar slides: See the “2021_Apr.15_HIS_Manual.V3.00_Webinar_Slides (PDF)” in the Downloads section at the bottom of this webpage
- Video recording: A video recording of the webinar (https://youtu.be/7mCS_VwxPEs)