Tuesday, December 3, 2019
MBI Transition Ends This Month: Will You Be Paid On January 1?
The 21 month transition period will end on December 31; use Medicare Beneficiary identifiers (MBIs) now.
- You are currently submitting 86% of claims with MBIs.
- Get MBIs from your patients and through the MAC portals (sign up (PDF)) now and after the transition period. You can also find the MBI on the remittance advice.
- Protect your patients from identity theft - use MBIs.
Starting January 1, if you do not use the MBI (regardless of the date of service) for Medicare transactions
- We will reject your claims with a few exceptions
- We will reject all eligibility transactions
See the MLN Matters Article (PDF) for more information on getting and using MBIs.
This newsletter is current as of the issue date. View the complete disclaimer.
The Medicare Learning Network®, MLN Connects®, and MLN Matters® are registered trademarks of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).