Rural Maternal Healthcare
Maternal Health Care in Rural Communities
A Conversation on Maternal Health Care in Rural Communities: Charting a Path to Improved Access, Quality and Outcomes
On June 12, 2019, CMS collaborated with key partners to host the forum, "A Conversation on Maternal Health Care in Rural Communities: Charting a Path to Improved Access, Quality and Outcomes." Panelists shared promising practices and helped to identify areas of opportunity to improve access to maternal health services and achieve health equity within rural communities.
- Forum Agenda (PDF)
- Watch the Forum
- Welcome Panel Presentations
- Framing Maternal Health in Rural America (PDF)
- Multicultural Expertise Experience Addressing Health Disparities and Low Access to Care for Racial/Ethnic Minorities and Rural Audiences (PDF)
- Access to Hospital Maternity Care Units in Rural America (PDF)
- Strengthening Maternity Coverage for Women in Rural Communities (PDF)
- Second Panel Presentations
- Third Panel Presentations
Access to Maternal Health Care in Rural Communities: A Patient's Personal Story
This 5-minute video from CMS features a first-person account of a patient and obstetrician as it relates to accessing maternal health services in a rural community. Learn from this mom about her story of accessing maternity and childbirth services.