South Carolina Financial Alignment Demonstration - Healthy Connections Prime
11/21/2017 - The newly-executed South Carolina Healthy Connections Prime three-way contract and summary of contract changes (11/01/2017) posted.
On October 25, 2013, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) announced that the state of South Carolina will partner with CMS to test a new model for providing Medicare-Medicaid enrollees with a more coordinated, person-centered care experience.
Under the demonstration, called Healthy Connections Prime, South Carolina and CMS will contract with Medicare-Medicaid plans to coordinate the delivery of and be accountable for covered Medicare and Medicaid services for participating Medicare-Medicaid enrollees.
October 25, 2013 - CMS and South Carolina sign MOU
September 15, 2014 - CMS, South Carolina, and participating plans execute three-way contract
February 1, 2015 - Start of opt-in enrollment
April 1, 2016 - Start of passive enrollment
More information from CMS:
- Fact Sheet
- Three-Way Contract
- State Proposal
- Readiness Review Tool
- South Carolina Evaluation Design Plan
- Letter of Intent to Extend Scheduled End Date
Information for Plans:
- All state-specific information and guidance for plans is available on the Information and Guidance for Plans page.
Information for Beneficiaries and Providers
- South Carolina Healthy Connections Prime Continuity of Care Provisions
- Healthy Connections Prime Ombudsman Program
- South Carolina Healthy Connections Prime Provider Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Information from the state of South Carolina:
- Page last Modified: 02/09/2018 12:25 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins