Medicare Provider-Supplier Enrollment
This section is designed to provide Medicare enrollment information for providers, physicians, non-physician practitioners, and other suppliers. Please review the downloadable fact sheets below to learn more about Medicare provider and supplier enrollment.
CMS has established Internet-based Provider Enrollment, Chain and Ownership System (PECOS) as an alternative to the paper (CMS-855) enrollment process. Internet-based PECOS will allow physicians, non-physician practitioners and provider and supplier organizations to enroll, make a change in their Medicare enrollment, view their Medicare enrollment information on file with Medicare, or check on status of a Medicare enrollment application via the Internet. For more information about the Internet-based PECOS, please select the "Internet-based PECOS" link to the left.
For information regarding DMEPOS accreditation, Competitive Acquisition and surety bond information, please select the "DMEPOS Enrollment" link to the left.
Use the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) link above, or visit https://questions.cms.gov/, to get answers to commonly asked questions about provider and supplier enrollment and help with navigating various sections of this Web site.
Contacting your Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC)
If you have enrollment questions, questions about completing a Medicare provider enrollment application or need to know where to send your completed Medicare application, please select the MAC Provider Enrollment Contact Information link below in the Downloads section. You will find each state's MAC, with their contact telephone numbers, mailing addresses and websites.
- MAC Provider Enrollment Contact Information (Updated 02/06/2017) [PDF, 122KB]
- Tips to Facilitate the Medicare Enrollment Process [PDF, 57KB]
- Medicare Provider-Supplier Enrollment National Education Products [PDF, 146KB]
- CMS Provider Enrollment Conference - Presentations 1-5 [ZIP, 16MB]
- CMS Provider Enrollment Conference - Presentations 6-9 [ZIP, 10MB]
- CMS PE Conference - General Session [PDF, 6MB]
- 855A Enrollment & Policy Overview [PDF, 3MB]
- Submitting Your Enrollment Online [PDF, 1MB]
- 855B Enrollment & Policy Overview [PDF, 4MB]
- Avoid Processing Delays [PDF, 1MB]
- 855I, 855R Enrollment & Policy Overview [PDF, 3MB]
- 855O Ordering, Certifying & Opt Out Provisions [PDF, 1MB]
- 855S DME Enrollment & Policy Overview [PDF, 3MB]
- Maintaining Compliance with Enrollment Requirements [PDF, 2MB]
- Page last Modified: 09/06/2017 4:16 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins