Influenza and Viruses
Quality, Safety & Oversight Group- Emergency Preparedness General Guidance
Guidance for Surveyors, Providers and Suppliers for Natural Disaster Preparedness
In 2014, the Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) manifested as a public health crisis internationally, and tested our national preparedness on disease control, such as related to virus outbreaks. Providers and suppliers faced a variety of challenges during the wake of the virus, which included basic care and treatment of patients with EVD; segregation; infection control; waste management; personal protective equipment (PPE) and more. Additionally, influenza such as the H1N1 pandemic, H3N2v in the United States, Zika Virus and others have reemphasized the need for disease control, prevention and preparedness.
The downloadable section includes a variety of resources related to viruses and diseases which may assist providers and suppliers in their planning and preparedness. In keeping with the all-hazards methodology, infectious diseases pose a threat to the community, healthcare workers as well as national response and recovery efforts.
Note: References to non-CMS sources or sites on the Internet are provided as a service and do not constitute or imply endorsement of these organizations or their programs by CMS or the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. CMS is not responsible for the content or accessibility of pages found at these sites. URL addresses were current as of the date of this publication.
- Surveillance for Early Detection of Disease Outbreaks at an Outdoor Mass Gathering - Opens in a new window
- Pandemic Influenza Plan/Implementation – Federal Government - Opens in a new window
- CDC Pandemic Planning - Opens in a new window
- Interim Pre-pandemic Planning Guidance: Community Strategy for Pandemic Influenza Mitigation in the United States - Opens in a new window
- MLN Article Zika Virus - Claims - Opens in a new window
- CMS Pandemic Influenza Operations and Response Plan - Opens in a new window
- Pandemic Flu Table Top Exercise-RAND - Opens in a new window
- Page last Modified: 01/05/2018 8:35 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins