FOIA Reading Room
The FOIA reading room makes available for public inspection specific agency policy statements that affect the public, such as CMS regulations, manuals, and transmittals. These records are available in electronic format online. Most importantly, a vast number of CMS records are available for download from our CMS website. Please explore our A-Z Index that lists newly posted publicly available CMS information and datasets.
CMS FOIA policies and regulations are also available online. The CMS FOIA Policy and Procedure Guide is available in the Downloads section below. CMS Confidentiality and Disclosure Regulations which include FOIA are found at 42 C.F.R. 401.et. seq. (see GPO link below). CMS is bound by the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) FOIA regulations at 45 C.F.R. Part 5. (see HHS FOIA Regulations link below).
While we encourage the public to access our many records online, the Hard Copy FOIA Reading Room is located in the CMS library - 2nd Floor, Central Building, 7500 Security Boulevard in Baltimore, Md. Its hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. The telephone number is (410) 786-7804.
- CMS FOIA Policy and Procedure Guide [PDF, 748KB]
- 2015 CMS FOIA Logs [ZIP, 333KB]
- 2016 CMS FOIA Logs [ZIP, 792KB]
- 2017 CMS FOIA Logs [ZIP, 1MB]
- CMS FOIA Log_January 2018 [PDF, 118KB]
- CMS FOIA Log February 2018 [PDF, 107KB]
- CMS FOIA Log March 2018 [PDF, 135KB]
- CMS FOIA Log April 2018 [PDF, 123KB]
- CMS FOIA Log May 2018 [PDF, 140KB]
- CMS FOIA Log June 2018 [PDF, 86KB]
- CMS FOIA Log July 2018 [PDF, 107KB]
- Page last Modified: 11/14/2018 2:34 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins