Secretary Azar used his authority in the Public Health Service Act to declare a public health emergency (PHE) in Alaska on December 3, 2018, giving us the flexibility to support our beneficiaries, effective November 30, 2018.
- Alaska earthquake 1135 waiver
- Alaska earthquake 1812(f) waiver
- Alaska earthquake Medicaid provider enrollment disaster relief waiver
Read the blanket waivers for the Alaska earthquake.
You can also see:
- Provider survey and certification frequently asked questions (FAQs) about declared public health emergencies
- FAQs about the Medicare fee-for-service emergency-related policies and procedures that may be implemented without an 1135 waiver
- FAQs about the Medicare fee-for-service emergency-related policies and procedures that may be implemented only with an 1135 waiver
- Provider enrollment FAQs
- Guidance about Durable Medical Equipment, Prosthetics, Orthotics, and Supplies (DMEPOS) during an emergency or disaster
- More details about waivers and flexibilities
- Our MLN Matters article, Medicare Fee-for-Service (FFS) Response to the 2018 Alaska Earthquake
Find information about the California wildfires on our Past Emergencies Wildfires page.
Find information about Typhoon Yutu on our Past Emergencies Hurricanes page.
Find information about Hurricane Michael on our Past Emergencies Hurricanes page.
Find information about Hurricane Florence on our Past Emergencies Hurricanes page.
Find information about Hurricane Maria on our Past Emergencies Hurricanes page.
- Page last Modified: 12/07/2018 2:42 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins