SNF Quality Reporting Program Data Submission Deadlines
When does Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) quality data have to be submitted?
Each fiscal year (FY), SNFs must report data to meet Skilled Nursing Facility Quality Reporting Program (SNF QRP) requirements. You must submit your data no later than 11:59 p.m. by the deadlines we have listed below. The Minimum Data Set (MDS) 3.0 must be transmitted to CMS through the Assessment Submission and Processing (ASAP) system to the Quality Improvement Evaluation System (QIES). No additional reporting is required.
CMS strongly encourages all facilities to submit their data on time, in a manner that will allow time to address any submission issues and to provide opportunity to review submissions to ensure data is complete. Providers must submit all data necessary to calculate SNF QRP measures on at least 80% of the qualifying MDS assessments submitted to be in compliance with SNF QRP requirements.
April 09, 2019
SNF QRP Requirements for the Fiscal Year 2021 Program Year Now Available
The SNF QRP Requirements for the Fiscal Year 2021 Program Year Fact Sheet is now available for download on the SNF Quality Reporting Program Data Submission Deadlines webpage. This Fact Sheet contains information about requirements for the SNF QRP for the FY 2021 program year, which reflects data collected from 1/1/19–12/31/19.
- General information about the SNF QRP can be found in the document “Requirements for Fiscal Year FY2021 Program Year” located in the downloads section. This guide includes frequently asked questions, information on QRP help desks, and helpful links to additional resources for the SNF QRP.
- Measure Specifications for the SNF QRP Quality Measures can be found on: /Medicare/Quality-Initiatives-Patient-Assessment-Instruments/NursingHomeQualityInits/Skilled-Nursing-Facility-Quality-Reporting-Program/SNF-Quality-Reporting-Program-Measures-and-Technical-Information
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) addressing general questions about the SNF Quality Reporting Program, including information about the quality measures, data submission deadlines, training materials, and other helpful resources is available on: /Medicare/Quality-Initiatives-Patient-Assessment-Instruments/NursingHomeQualityInits/Skilled-Nursing-Facility-Quality-Reporting-Program/SNF-Quality-Reporting-Program-FAQs-
- For questions about the SNF QRP, data reporting, quality measure calculation, data submission deadlines, or any other questions related to the SNF QRP email SNFQualityQuestions@cms.hhs.gov.
- For questions about MDS 3.0 coding, please contact your State RAI Coordinator. Contact information for State RAI Coordinators can be found in Appendix B of the Long-Term Care Facility Resident Assessment Instrument 3.0 User’s Manual on CMS’s MDS 3.0 RAI Manual Web page under the Downloads section (file name – MDS-RAI-Manual- Appendix-B) available at: /Medicare/Quality-Initiatives-Patient-Assessment-Instruments/NursingHomeQualityInits/MDS30RAIManual
- SNFs are able to run reports that provide information associated with their data submissions, including but not limited to validation reports and assessment reports. For questions about MDS 3.0 data submissions or status of data submissions via CASPER reports, call 1-800-339-9313 or email .
- Detailed guidance on how to run and interpret MDS 3.0 provider reports including a section on the SNF Quality Reporting Program can be found at https://qtso.cms.gov/providers/nursing-home-mdsswing-bed-providers/reference-manuals
- Information on the IMPACT Act of 2014: /Medicare/Quality-Initiatives-Patient-Assessment-Instruments/Post-Acute-Care-Quality-Initiatives/IMPACT-Act-of-2014/IMPACT-Act-of-2014-Data-Standardization-and-Cross-Setting-MeasuresMeasures
Additional Resources on the SNF QRP and the CMS Post-Acute Care Quality Initiative:
Please also visit the CMS Post-Acute Care Quality Initiative website for more information related to cross setting quality measures and quality initiatives.
For the latest SNF quality reporting and IMPACT Act program information including but not limited to training, stakeholder engagement opportunities, and general updates about reporting requirements, quality measures, and reporting deadlines, please subscribe to the PAC QRP listserv.