Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) Quality Reporting Program (QRP) Data Submission Deadlines
When does SNF quality data have to be submitted?
SNFs must report data to meet the SNF QRP requirements. SNFs must submit data no later than 11:59 p.m. the day of the submission deadline. The Minimum Data Set (MDS) 3.0 must be transmitted to CMS through the Assessment Submission and Processing (ASAP) system to the Quality Improvement Evaluation System (QIES). No additional reporting is required for the claims-based measures.
The data collection and submission deadlines for each Annual Payment Update (APU) determination year are summarized in the tables available in the Downloads section on this webpage.
CMS strongly encourages all facilities to submit data several days prior to the deadline to allow time to address any submission issues and to provide opportunity to review submissions to ensure data are complete.
August 11, 2020
SNF QRP Data Collection & Final Submission Deadlines for the FY 2022
A table providing the data collection time frames and final submission deadlines for the Fiscal Year (FY) 2022 Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) Quality Reporting Program (QRP) is available in the Downloads section.
- FAQs addressing general questions about the SNF QRP, including information about the quality measures, data submission deadlines, training materials, and other helpful resources.
- For questions about the SNF QRP, data reporting, quality measure calculation, data submission deadlines, or any other questions related to the SNF QRP email SNFQualityQuestions@cms.hhs.gov
- For questions about MDS 3.0 coding, please contact your State Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI) Coordinator. Contact information for State RAI Coordinators can be found in Appendix B of the Long-Term Care Facility RAI 3.0 User’s Manual on CMS’s MDS 3.0 RAI Manual webpage under the Downloads section (file name: Appendix B 11262020 (PDF)).
- SNFs are able to run reports that provide information associated with their data submissions, including but not limited to validation reports and assessment reports. For questions about MDS 3.0 data submissions or status of data submissions via Certification and Survey Provider Enhanced Reporting (CASPER) reports, call 1-800-339-9313 or email email@example.com.
- Detailed guidance on how to run and interpret MDS 3.0 provider reports including a section on the SNF Quality Reporting Program can be found on the QTSO website.
- Subscribe to the Post-Acute Care (PAC) QRP listserv for the latest SNF quality reporting and Improving Medicare Post-Acute Care Transformation (IMPACT) Act information including, but not limited to, training, stakeholder engagement opportunities, and general updates about reporting requirements, quality measures, and reporting deadlines.