When does SNF quality data have to be submitted?
SNFs must report data to meet the SNF QRP requirements. SNFs must submit data no later than 11:59 p.m. the day of the submission deadline. The Minimum Data Set (MDS) 3.0 must be transmitted to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) through the Assessment Submission and Processing (ASAP) system to the Quality Improvement Evaluation System (QIES). Data for the National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) measures must be submitted to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). No additional data submission is required for the claims-based measures.
The data collection and submission deadlines for each Annual Payment Update (APU) determination year are summarized in the tables available in the Downloads section on this webpage.
CMS strongly encourages all facilities to submit data several days prior to the deadline to allow time to address any submission issues and to provide opportunity to review submissions to ensure data are complete.
Visit the CMS Resources for NHSN Users webpage for:
- Guidance on how to run and interpret National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) output reports
- Checklist to ensure complete reporting into NHSN
Visit the CMS Quality Reporting Programs Frequently Asked Questions webpage for additional information.
Please contact the NHSN Helpdesk at NHSN@cdc.gov if you have any questions.
September 21, 2022
SNF QRP Data Collection & Final Submission Deadlines for the FY 2025
A table providing the data collection time frames and final submission deadlines for the Fiscal Year (FY) 2025 Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) Quality Reporting Program (QRP) is available in the Downloads section of this webpage.
September 21, 2022
Updated SNF QRP Data Collection & Final Submission Deadlines for the FY 2024
An updated table providing the data collection time frames and final submission deadlines for the Fiscal Year (FY) 2024 Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) Quality Reporting Program (QRP) is available in the Downloads section of this webpage.
October 13, 2021
SNF QRP Data Collection and Final Submission Deadlines Affecting FY 2024 posted
An update to the Skilled Nursing Facility Quality Reporting Program (SNF QRP) Data Collection and Final Submission Deadlines for the Fiscal Year (FY) 2024 SNF QRP is available. This document has been updated to reflect the data collection and final submission deadlines required to meet the Annual Payment Update (APU) minimum data completion threshold for FY 2024. The document can be found in the Downloads section below.
- FAQs addressing general questions about the Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) Quality Reporting Program (QRP), including information about the quality measures, data submission deadlines, training materials, and other helpful resources.
- For questions about the SNF QRP, data reporting, quality measure calculation, data submission deadlines, or any other questions related to the SNF QRP email SNFQualityQuestions@cms.hhs.gov
- For questions about SNF quality data submitted to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) via the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC’s) National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN), or NHSN Registration, email NHSN@cdc.gov.
- For questions about Minimum Data Set (MDS) 3.0 coding, please contact your State Resident Assessment Instrument (RAI) Coordinator. Contact information for State RAI Coordinators can be found in Appendix B of the Long-Term Care Facility RAI 3.0 User’s Manual on CMS’s MDS 3.0 RAI Manual webpage under the Downloads section (file name: Appendix B 11262020 [PDF]).
- SNFs are able to run reports that provide information associated with their data submissions, including but not limited to validation reports and assessment reports. For questions about MDS 3.0 data submissions or status of data submissions via Certification and Survey Provider Enhanced Reporting (CASPER) reports, call 1-800-339-9313 or email email@example.com.
- Detailed guidance on how to run and interpret MDS 3.0 provider reports including a section on the SNF QRP can be found on the QIES Technical Support Office (QTSO) website.
- Subscribe to the Post-Acute Care (PAC) QRP listserv for the latest SNF quality reporting and Improving Medicare Post-Acute Care Transformation (IMPACT) Act information including, but not limited to, training, stakeholder engagement opportunities, and general updates about reporting requirements, quality measures, and reporting deadlines.