SNF Quality Reporting Program Data Submission Deadlines
UPDATE May 12, 2017: Due to extenuating circumstances, the reporting deadline for the FY 2018 SNF QRP payment determination has been extended from May 15, 2017 to June 1, 2017.
When does Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) quality data have to be submitted?
Each fiscal year (FY), you must report data to meet Skilled Nursing Facility Quality Reporting Program (SNF QRP) requirements. You must submit your data no later than 11:59 p.m. Pacific Standard Time by the deadlines we have listed below. The Minimum Data Set (MDS) 3.0 must be transmitted to CMS through the Assessment Submission and Processing (ASAP) system to the Quality Improvement Evaluation System (QIES).
CMS strongly encourages all facilities to submit their data on time, in a manner that will allow time to address any submission issues and to provide opportunity to review submissions to ensure data is complete. Providers must submit all data necessary to calculate SNF QRP measures on at least 80% of the MDS assessments submitted to be in compliance with FY 2018 SNF QRP requirements.
October 04, 2017
A Quick Reference Guide for the SNF QRP is now available on the in the downloads section. The guide includes frequently asked questions, information on QRP help desks, and helpful links to additional resources for the SNF QRP.
September 7, 2017
Measure and Data Submission Deadlines for FY 2019 and FY 2020 are available in the “Downloads” section below.
The data submission deadline for FY 2019 SNF QRP payment determination has been updated to May 15. 2018.
May 12, 2017
Due to extenuating circumstances, the reporting deadline for the FY 2018 SNF QRP payment determination has been extended from May 15, 2017 to June 1, 2017.
- General information about the SNF QRP can be found in the document “SNF-QRP-Requirements-for-FY18-Reporting-Year-Fact-Sheet” located in the downloads section. This guide includes frequently asked questions, information on QRP help desks, and helpful links to additional resources for the SNF QRP.
- Measure Specifications for the SNF QRP Quality Measures can be found on: https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Quality-Initiatives-Patient-Assessment-Instruments/NursingHomeQualityInits/Skilled-Nursing-Facility-Quality-Reporting-Program/SNF-Quality-Reporting-Program-Measures-and-Technical-Information.html
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) addressing general questions about the SNF Quality Reporting Program, including information about the quality measures, data submission deadlines, training materials, and other helpful resources is available on: https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Quality-Initiatives-Patient-Assessment-Instruments/NursingHomeQualityInits/Skilled-Nursing-Facility-Quality-Reporting-Program/SNF-Quality-Reporting-Program-FAQs-.html
- For questions about the SNF QRP, data reporting, quality measure calculation, data submission deadlines, or any other questions related to the SNF QRP email SNFQuailtyQuestions@cms.hhs.gov.
- For questions about MDS 3.0 coding, please contact your State RAI Coordinator. Contact information for State RAI Coordinators can be found in Appendix B of the Long-Term Care Facility Resident Assessment Instrument 3.0 User’s Manual available: http://downloads.cms.gov/files/Appendix-B-04-27-2017.pdf
- SNFs are able to run reports that provide information associated with their data submissions, including but not limited to validation reports and assessment reports. For questions about MDS 3.0 data submissions or status of data submissions via CASPER reports, call 1-800-339-9313 or email email@example.com.
- Detailed guidance on how to run and interpret MDS 3.0 provider reports can be found in https://www.qtso.com/mdstrain.html
- Information on the IMPACT Act of 2014: https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Quality-Initiatives-Patient-Assessment-Instruments/Post-Acute-Care-Quality-Initiatives/IMPACT-Act-of-2014/IMPACT-Act-of-2014-Data-Standardization-and-Cross-Setting-MeasuresMeasures.html
Additional Resources on the SNF QRP and the CMS Post-Acute Care Quality Initiative:
Please also visit the CMS Post-Acute Care Quality Initiative website for more information related to cross setting quality measures and quality initiatives:
For the latest SNF quality reporting and IMPACT Act program information including but not limited to training, stakeholder engagement opportunities, and general updates about reporting requirements, quality measures, and reporting deadlines, please subscribe to the PAC QRP listserv
- SNF QRP Quick Reference Guide- October 2017.pdf [PDF, 172KB]
- SNF QRP Data Submission Deadlines for FY 2019.pdf [PDF, 87KB]
- SNF QRP Data Submission Deadlines for FY 2020.pdf [PDF, 95KB]
- Update-SNF-Review-and-Correct-Report-Confidential-Feedback-Report-Issues-August 2017 [PDF, 31KB]
- SNF-QRP-Requirements-for-FY18-Reporting-Year-Fact-Sheet Revised- May 2017(1).pdf [PDF, 130KB]
- Page last Modified: 10/04/2017 10:11 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins