MLN Web-Based Training
Effective February 1, the Medicare Learning Network (MLN) Learning Management System won’t be available. We’re in the process of moving Web-based Training (WBT) courses to this page.
Contact MLN@cms.hhs.gov for questions related to our MLN WBTs.
Read our MLN Connects® newsletter for updates on MLN training resources.
Medicare Secondary Payer Provisions (Contact Hours 82 min.)
- Learn the basic concepts and exceptions, when Medicare is the secondary payer, as well as the benefits of compliance and penalties associated with non-compliance.
Improving Health Care Quality for LGBTQ People (Contact Hours 70 min.)
- Learn to identify sexual orientation and gender identity (SOGI) terminology to build trust with LGBTQ patients and recognize health disparities that impact many older LGBTQ adults. Recognize evidence-based questions to more accurately obtain SOGI data, and processes for maintaining data in an Electronic Health Record.
World of Medicare (Contact Hours 77 min.)
- Learn fundamentals, beneficiary eligibility, enrollment & benefit options and the role of providers, agencies, contractors & organizations in administering the Medicare Program. Understand Medicare Parts A, B, C & D, and see how Medigap and other insurance works with the Program.
Medicare Billing: Form CMS-1500 and 837 Professional (Contact Hours 50 min.)
- Learn professional claims requirements, claims processing actions, and how to identify aspects of paper and electronic claims.
Medicare Billing: Form CMS-1450 and 837 Institutional (Contact Hours 81 min.)
- Learn institutional claims requirements, claims processing actions, and how to identify aspects of paper and electronic claims.
2021 Medicare Part C and Part D Reporting Requirements and Data Validation (Contact Hours 90 min.)
- Learn to plan, perform, and complete data validation activities.
Diagnosis Coding: Using the ICD-10-CM (Contact Hours 64 min.)
- Learn to identify ICD-10-CM structure and format, recognize features, and find codes.
Procedure Coding: Using the ICD-10-PCS (Contact Hours 63 min.)
- Learn to identify ICD-10-PCS structure and format, recognize guidelines, and find codes.
Achieving Health Equity (Contact Hours 122 min.)
- Learn to define health disparities and health equity, address health disparities in your organization, foster a culture of equity, and create processes to build organizational responses.
Combating Medicare Parts C and D Fraud, Waste, & Abuse (Contact Hours 30 min.)
- Learn to recognize fraud, waste, & abuse (FWA), identify methods to prevent FWA, identify how to report FWA, recognize how to correct FWA, and recognize potential consequences and penalties associated with violations.
MLN WBTs require an up-to-date web browser.
The MLN currently supports the latest two versions of all browsers, unless otherwise noted.
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Apple Safari
- Microsoft Edge
- Apple Safari for iOS
- Google Chrome for Android
Browsers not supported:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer (all versions)
- Microsoft Edge Legacy (support ended by Microsoft in March 2021)