Advanced Practice Nonphysician Practitioners

Enroll in Medicare

To provide care to Medicare patients, enroll in the Medicare Program. You must enroll if you’re a participating nonphysician practitioners or you bill services directly under your NPI or as a supervising physician or nonphysician practitioner who bills for “incident to” services. Be sure to:

  1. Get an NPI in the National Plan & Provider Enumeration System (NPPES)
  2. Enroll in the Medicare Program through PECOS or a paper CMS-855 application
  3. Register for an account in the Identity & Access Management (I&A) System

Visit Medicare Provider Enrollment for more information.

More Information on Qualifications, Criteria, Service Requirements, Billing, & Payment

Page Last Modified:
11/06/2023 10:11 AM