OASIS Data Sets
April 5, 2019
Revised versions of the OASIS-D All Items instrument and the Follow-up (FU) time point instrument are available. These versions are effective January 1, 2020. The original OASIS-D versions for all other time points remain in effect as of January 1, 2020. The revised All Items and Follow-Up instruments with the remaining OASIS-D time point versions are available together in a zip file in the Download section, below. A memorandum containing details about the changes to OASIS effective January 1, 2020 is available on the OASIS User Manuals webpage.
December 20, 2018
Effective January 1, 2019, OASIS-D is the current version of the OASIS data set. The OASIS-D instrument was approved by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) on December 6, 2018. The final OASIS-D instrument is available in the Downloads section, below. The final OASIS-D Guidance Manual is available on the OASIS User Manuals webpage.
August 4, 2017
OASIS-C2 2018 Guidance Manual Available
The 2018 guidance manual for the OASIS-C2 version of the OASIS data set is available in the Downloads section below and on the OASIS User Manuals webpage. This version corrects errata from the previous version and contains clarifications about the One Clinician Rule. The effective date is January 1, 2018.
- The OASIS-D is effective January 1, 2019.
- This version includes multiple new standardized items (GG0130, GG0170a-b, d-s, J1800, J1900) to support measurement domains mandated by the Improving Medicare Post-Acute Care Transformation (IMPACT) Act. New items were also added for standardization to align with the Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility-Patient Assessment Instrument (IRF-PAI), the Long-term Care Hospital assessment set, and the Minimum Data Set( MDS): GG0100 Prior Function and G0110 Prior Device Use
- OASIS item M1311 was modified to support a new standardized pressure ulcer measure to replace the current standardized pressure ulcer measure.
- Several items were removed, including select data elements at different time points, to reduce provider and patient burden.
- The complete set of OASIS-D data items can be found in the Downloads section below.
OASIS and Medicare Home Health PPS
The most current information about Home Health Prospective Payment System (PPS) and the use of OASIS can be found on the Home Health PPS web page via the link in the “Related Links” section below.
- OASIS_Instruments_effective-01-01-2020 [ZIP, 3MB]
- OASIS D_All Items_final [PDF, 694KB]
- Data elements finalized for removal in CY 2018 HH PPS Final Rule.pdf [PDF, 63KB]
- Testing of Standardized Items in Home Health Summary CY18 HHPPS Rule.pdf [PDF, 1MB]
- Proposed Data Elements to be Removed from OASIS on January 1 2019.pdf [PDF, 122KB]
- Testing of Standardized Function Assessment Items Summary CY18 HHPPS Rule.pdf [PDF, 690KB]
- Archived: The Right to Copy, Print and Use OASIS [PDF, 17KB]
- Page last Modified: 04/24/2019 3:20 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins