Immunization and Vaccine Resources
Racial and ethnic minority groups are disproportionately affected when it comes to receiving recommended vaccines. Many factors can contribute to lower vaccination rates, including concerns about vaccine safety and limited access to care and health coverage.
Prepare for Flu Season
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, vaccination rates have declined, putting communities at an increased risk for preventable diseases. With the 2020-2021 flu season approaching, CMS OMH has compiled a list of flu and immunization resources for health care providers, partners, and patients to help everyone prepare for flu season. We have also prepared a list of resources in other languages.
The CDC recommends everyone six months of age or older needs a flu vaccine. Most health insurance plans cover recommended vaccines at no or low cost to patients and are available at most health care provider offices. The flu vaccine, along with other vaccines, are also available at local pharmacies, health centers, health departments, and travel clinics.
- Resources for Health Care Professionals
- CMS OMH Data Snapshot on Annual Influenza Vaccination Disparities in Fee-For-Service Beneficiaries: (PDF) Search vaccination data by race, ethnicity, and gender among Medicare beneficiaries.
- Seasonal Influenza Vaccines Pricing: Payment information for Medicare Part B and the flu vaccine.
- CMS Flu Shot Information for Fee-For-Service Health Care Providers: Find information on payment rates, coverage and coding for the 2020-2021 flu season.
- CDC Flu Activity & Surveillance: Weekly surveillance reports and interactive tools to show how flu activity is spreading across the U.S.
- CDC FluSight: An interactive tool to forecast how flu may spread to help providers and health care professionals plan for flu.
- CDC Vaccination Guidance During a Pandemic: Information for health care providers and patients about steps they should take to get the flu vaccine, among other vaccines, during COVID-19, including information on who should get vaccinated.
- Prevention Strategies for Seasonal Influenza in Healthcare Settings: Tips to help health care workers and others in health care settings stay safe and healthy during flu season.
- CDC Influenza Virus Testing: Flu testing information, including when to test and types of tests.
- Resources for Patients and Partners
- Medicare.gov Flu Information: Know what’s covered under Medicare Part B.
- CMS Flu Vaccine Partner Toolkit: Find and share CMS, CDC, and HHS materials on the importance of the flu vaccine in multiple languages.
- CMS Flu Vaccine Social Media Toolkit (PDF): Posts and graphics (ZIP) to spread the word about the importance of getting a flu shot this year.
- CMS Prevention Resources for Adults, Teens, Children, and Infants: From Coverage to Care (C2C) prevention resources on immunizations and other no cost preventive services for adults and children.
- Healthcare.gov Blog Post on the importance of getting your flu shot this fall
- CDC Protect Your Health This Season: Resources for patients to prepare for the 2020-2021 flu season during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- CDC Flu Prevention Resources: Ways patients can take steps to prevent flu, including getting an annual flu vaccine.
- CDC Flu Communication Toolkits: Resources to share with patients about the flu and the importance of getting the flu vaccine.
- People at High Risk For Flu Complications: Education resources to help patients at high risk for flu complications prepare for flu season; these populations include people ages 65 and older, people with chronic health conditions, pregnant women, and more.
- Vaccine Finder: Find health care facilities near you with available vaccines.
- Roll Up Your Sleeve for Your Annual Flu Vaccine Video: This CDC video shares why it’s important to get your flu vaccine during the 2020-2021 flu season and ways to protect yourself from the flu.
- Flu Can Be Very Serious – Flu Vaccine Protects Video: This CDC video explains how a flu vaccine can keep you from getting sick with flu, helping protect you, your loved ones, and your community, including essential workers.
- Resources in Other Languages
- CMS Flu Vaccine Spanish Social Media Toolkit (PDF) with graphics (ZIP)
- CMS Dually Eligible Beneficiary Flu Vaccine Information
- From Coverage to Care Preventive Flyers
- CDC Resources for Educating Spanish-Speaking Patients on Vaccinations
- CDC Vaccination Materials in Spanish
- CDC Multi-Language Seasonal Flu Factsheets
- CDC Flu Resources in Spanish
Shareable CMS Resources to Promote Flu Vaccines
Share the importance of flu shots with your partners, community members, and Medicare beneficiaries. Download the graphics below to post on your social media channels. Find more shareable resources like social media and blog content and graphics in 18 languages from our Fight Flu toolkit (PDF).