SNF Quality Reporting Program Training
The purpose of this page is to provide information about SNF QRP trainings including provider training materials and other resources. Training announcements, reminders, and other updates are organized by date and added to this web page as new materials become available.
March 21, 2019
REGISTRATION OPEN – SNF QRP Provider In-Person Training Event, May 7 and 8, 2019
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) will be hosting a 2-day Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) Quality Reporting Program (QRP) in-person ‘Train the Trainer’ event for providers on May 7 and 8, 2019, at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, 2345 McGee Street, Kansas City, MO 64108. This event will be open to all SNF providers, associations, and organizations.
The primary focus of this 'Train-the-Trainer’ event will be to provide those responsible for training staff at SNFs with information about:
- The transition to the Patient Driven Payment Model (PDPM) which becomes effective on October 1, 2019.
- A review of SNF QRP changes and updates to the Minimum Data Set (MDS) 3.0 Version 1.17.0, which will become effective on October 1, 2019.
- An overview of the eleven SNF QRP Quality Measures.
- An interactive session on the use of reports to identify opportunities for process improvement and utilize information contained in reports available via the Certification And Survey Provider Enhanced Reports (CASPER) system to develop quality improvement plans.
A full agenda can be accessed in the downloads section at the bottom of this webpage.
Training will start at 8:30 a.m. CDT and end at 4:45 p.m. CDT on Tuesday, May 7. On Wednesday, May 8, training will start at 8:30 a.m. CDT and end at 3:30 p.m. CDT. Following the training on May 8, there will be an optional “We Want to Hear From You” session from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. CDT.
Registration for this in-person training is limited to 250 people on a first-come, first-serve basis. CMS has negotiated a discounted room rate of $125 per night with the hotel for a limited number of rooms. To receive the room discount, you must reserve your sleeping room with the hotel no later than 5:00 p.m. CDT on April 15. Instructions to reserve a hotel room at the discounted rate will be sent to you in a confirmation email once you register for the training.
When registering, please enter your name as you would like it to appear on your name tag and certification of completion.
For those not able to attend in person, a URL to access the webcast will be provided prior to the event. Please note: Certificates of completion will only be available for those who attend the training in person.
Whether you participate in-person or via the webcast, we ask that you register for this event.
** Requests for reasonable accommodations must be received at least 5 business days prior to the beginning of the event (no later than Tuesday, April 30, 2019) and can be emailed to Chandler Bishop at PACTraining@EconometricaInc.com with a copy to Jennifer.Robinson@cms.hhs.gov.**
If you have questions or need additional information regarding the logistics of this training session, please email the PAC Training mailbox at PACTraining@econometricainc.com.
January 25, 2019
Section GG Decision Tree Training Document Now Available
A decision tree training document to help with coding Section GG self-care and mobility data elements is now available. This document provides an overview of the 6 codes and coding instructions for admission/discharge.
October 12, 2018
Post-Training Materials Available: September 12 SNF Follow-Up Webinar on Section GG (New Items) and Section I
Post-training materials (includes answers to knowledge checks) from the SNF Follow-Up Webinar on Section GG (New Items) and Section I held on September 12, 2018, are now available in the Downloads section at the bottom of this webpage.
September 24, 2018
July 31/August 1 QRP Provider Training Q+A is Available
The question and answer (Q+A) for the July 31/August 1, 2018, Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) Quality Reporting Program (QRP) Training is now available in the Downloads section at the bottom of this webpage.
September 20, 2018
Post-Training Materials for August 27 SNF Follow-Up Webinar on Section N Are Now Available
Post-training materials (includes answers to knowledge checks) from the SNF Follow-Up Webinar on Section N held on August 27, 2018, are now available in the Downloads section below. Some screenshots of the Section N items included in the presentation were updated to reflect recent changes to the Minimum Data Set (MDS) 3.0 Version 1.16.0, which will become effective October 1, 2018.
September 13, 2018
July 31/August 1, 2018 SNF QRP Post-Training Materials Are Now Available
Post-training materials (includes answers to knowledge checks) from the July/August 2018 Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) Quality Reporting Program (QRP) Provider Training held in Baltimore, MD, on July 31 and August 1, 2018, are now available in the Downloads section below. Some screenshots included in presentations for the Section GG and Section N sessions and the Case Study Coding Sheet were updated to reflect recent changes to the Minimum Data Set (MDS) 3.0 Version 1.16.0, which will become effective October 1, 2018.
Please note: The Q&A document will be published shortly. An announcement will be posted when it is available.
December 20, 2017
NEW TRAINING EVENT — Section GG Web-based Training Module Now Available
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is offering a web-based training module to address questions submitted by providers during trainings between November 2015 and August 2016 related to Section GG across the Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF), Long-Term Care Hospital (LTCH), Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility (IRF), and Home Health (HH) care settings. This training is designed to be used on demand anywhere you can access a browser and includes interactive exercises that allow you to test your knowledge in real life scenarios.
Specific topics for Skilled Nursing Facilities include:
• Lesson 1: Significance of Section GG for Post-Acute Care
• Lesson 2: Assessment and Response Coding Principles
• Lesson 3: Additional Section GG Response Coding Tips
• Lesson 4: Coding GG0130 Items for Skilled Nursing Facilities
• Lesson 5: Coding GG0170 Items for Skilled Nursing Facilities
Click here to access the training.
If you have technical questions or feedback regarding the training, please email the PAC Training mailbox. Other questions should be directed to the SNF QRP Help Desk.
- May_2019_SNF_QRP_Provider_Training_Agenda [PDF, 141KB]
- September_2018_SNF_QRP_Follow-Up_Webinar_Section_GG_and_Section_with_answers [PDF, 10MB]
- July_August_2018_SNF_QRP_Provider_Training_Q_and_A (1) [PDF, 255KB]
- August_2018_SNF_QRP_Follow-Up_Webinar_Section_N_with_answers [PDF, 3MB]
- July_August_2018_SNF_QRP_Post_Training_Materials_Day_1_Part_1 [ZIP, 17MB]
- July_August_2018_SNF_QRP_Post_Training_Materials_Day_1_Part_2 [ZIP, 17MB]
- July_August_2018_SNF_QRP_Post_Training_Materials_Day_2_Part_1 [ZIP, 7MB]
- July_August_2018_SNF_QRP_Post_Training_Materials_Day_2_Part_2 [ZIP, 17MB]
- July_August_2018_SNF_QRP_Post_Training_Materials_Day_2_Part_3 [ZIP, 16MB]
- SNF_QRP_Follow-Up_Webinar_Section_GG_and_Section_I [PDF, 10MB]
- August_2018_SNF_QRP_Follow-Up_Webinar_Section_N_without_answers [PDF, 3MB]
- July_August_2018_SNF_QRP_Provider_Training_Agenda_v2 [PDF, 66KB]
- July_August_SNF_QRP_Provider_Training_Day_1 [ZIP, 17MB]
- July_August_SNF_QRP_Provider_Training_Day_2_Part_1 [ZIP, 9MB]
- July_August_SNF_QRP_Provider_Training_Day_2_Part_2 [ZIP, 13MB]
- SNF QRP Assessment-based QM CFRs Nov17 RTI_12-4_508C [PDF, 837KB]
- SNF QRP- Claims-Based Measures Confidential Feedback Report Webinar- Audio and Transcript- 9-28-17.zip [ZIP, 9MB]
- SNFQRP_Claims_Measures_CFR_Sept17_RTI_092817_508C.pdf [PDF, 368KB]
- August 2017 SNF Public Reporting Training w-answers.pdf [PDF, 1MB]
- August_2017_SNF_Review_and_Correct_Reports_Refresher_wo_answers [PDF, 1MB]
- May 2017 Review and Correct Webcast QA_Appendix_SNF.pdf [PDF, 247KB]
- May_2017_Review_and_Correct_Reports_Provider_Post_Training_Materials.zip [ZIP, 2MB]
- May 2 Review Correct Webcast QA- May 2017.pdf [PDF, 388KB]
- May_2017_Review_and_Correct_Reports_Provider_Training (2).zip [ZIP, 2MB]
- August_2016.SNF_QRP_Chicago_Training_Participant.Questions.pdf [PDF, 349KB]
- 4_August_2016_SNF_QRP_Provider_Training.zip [ZIP, 18MB]
- SNF QRP Questions from Training - August 2016.pdf [PDF, 102KB]
- June 2016 SNF QRP.Participant Questions .pdf [PDF, 647KB]
- Update- SNF Review and Correct Report - Confidential Feedback Report Issues- August 2017.pdf [PDF, 50KB]
- GG Self-Care & Mobility Activities Decision Tree [PDF, 447KB]
- Page last Modified: 03/21/2019 8:46 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins