Resources for Open Payments Covered Recipients
Resources for Covered Recipients
These resources provide important information for covered recipients who are using the Open Payments system. We also have general resources and resources for reporting entities.
Open Payments User Guide for Covered Recipients (PDF)
A detailed resource to help covered recipients navigate the Open Payments program and how to use the Open Payments System.
Registration, User Roles, and Nominations
- Required Fields for Registration - Quick Reference Guide (PDF)
An overview of the required information for registering in the Open Payments system.
- Registration Overview for Covered Recipients (PDF)
An overview of the Open Payments registration process for covered recipients.
- Identity Management System (IDM) Registration – Quick Reference Guide (PDF)
Instructions for completing IDM registration.
- Physician and Non-Physician Practitioner Registration (PDF)
Instructions for physicians and non-physician practitioners to complete Open Payments system registration
- Nominating a Physician or Non-Physician Practitioner Authorized Representative and Accepting/Rejecting Nominations (PDF)
Instructions for a physician or a non-physician practitioner to nominate an authorized representative and for the nominee to accept/reject the nomination
- Teaching Hospital Registration for Open Payments – Quick Reference Guide (PDF)
Instructions for teaching hospitals to complete Open Payments system registration.
- Teaching Hospital User Roles and Nominations – Quick Reference Guide (PDF)
Instructions explaining teaching hospital user roles, how to nominate yourself or others for a user role, and approving/rejecting nominations
Review and Dispute
- Review and Dispute Tutorial for Covered Recipients (PDF)
Complete tutorial for covered recipients and principal investigators on the review and dispute process
- Review and Dispute Process - Quick Reference Guide (PDF)
Instructions for covered recipients on the review and dispute process
- Review and Dispute Timing and Data Publication – Quick Reference Guide (PDF)
Information on how data is published based on when a dispute is initiated and when it is resolved
Open Payments expanded in 2021 to include five new covered recipient types. Learn more on the Newly Added Covered Recipients page.
Covered recipients can now register and participate in pre-publication review and dispute. Visit the Resources for Covered Recipients page for more information.
For information about changes that will affect Applicable Manufacturers and Group Purchasing Organizations, visit the Changes for Reporting Entities page.