This web page contains information related to the use and maintenance of the Health Insurance Prospective Payment System (HIPPS) codeset. The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) are named in the ASC X12 837 Institutional Claim Implementation Guide as the code source for HIPPS codes.
- Definition and Uses of HIPPS Codes (see file below)
- HIPPS Code Master List (see file below) - an Excel spreadsheet that provides a complete list of all valid HIPPS codes, with their effective dates, payment settings and code definitions.
- Change Request Process (see file below) - describes the steps necessary to request a modification in the HIPPS codeset and the CMS code approval process.
- Change Request History (see file below) - an Excel spreadsheet that documents the disposition of all change requests received as of the most recent HIPPS code update.
Contact HIPPS: If you have questions regarding the HIPPS codeset that are not answered in the information below, write to HIPPS@cms.hhs.gov.
- Page last Modified: 08/21/2019 1:34 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins