How to Use the TA Center
The LTSS Technical Assistance Center contains resources for LTSS newcomers and experienced health program planners alike. If you are a tribal leader who is new to LTSS, we recommend starting with the basics and then exploring the additional topics at your own pace, in any order. As your tribe moves into active LTSS planning, your staff or consultants will need guidance from you and other tribal leaders during each phase described in the planning roadmap.
Tour the TA Center
The TA Center offers information on many topics related to LTSS programs, from planning steps to funding options. Watch short videos to see what types of information are available by topic and how to quickly find what you need. Video tours are available for these sections of the TA Center:
- Review a presentation (PPTX) that introduces LTSS and its potential benefits for your community.
- Browse a collection of program profiles that spotlight tribes and urban programs that provide LTSS.
- Visit the tribal leader toolkit page to download tools and materials you can use in conversations with community stakeholders.
- Sign up for emails to get the LTSS newsletter and invitations to monthly webinars. You can also:
- Join the CMS Tribal Affairs LinkedIn group to discuss LTSS issues with your peers.
- A United States map and database contains a comprehensive listing of IHS, tribal, and urban LTSS programs.
- Statistics and recent studies can be found under LTSS Research.
- Medicaid's program models, and the degree of tribal involvement needed for each, are described in LTSS Models.
- A comprehensive LTSS financing area has advice about budgeting, reimbursements, grants, working with your state, and more.
- A section on state and federal relationships has information about state and federal Medicaid policies, state Medicaid waivers, and much more.
- A collection of videos called "What Works for Us" captures advice from experienced tribal leaders, planners, and administrators.
LTSS Planning Tools
- Visit Start Planning for an introduction to the planning process and links to pages about financing options and program models.
- The Advanced Planning section is an in-depth guide for tribes that are actively engaged in planning. It covers program evaluation and includes a consultant list, case studies, and a step-by-step planning roadmap.