IPF Wage Index
Section 412.424 of Title 42 of the Code of Federal Regulations (42 CFR §412.24) requires us to adjust the labor portion of the Federal per diem base rate to account for geographic differences in area wage levels using an appropriate wage index. We use CBSA labor market area definitions and the prior year’s pre-floor, pre-reclassified acute care hospital inpatient wage index to adjust IPF payments. The application of the wage index is made on the basis of the location of the inpatient psychiatric facility.
Wage index files for FY 2016 and later are posted on this page after display of the proposed or final rule, or notice. Wage index files for fiscal years or rate years prior to FY 2016 are included in the published regulation or notice, which can be found by clicking on the link for “IPF PPS Regulations or Notices”.
- Final FY2020 IPF Wage Index CMS-1712-F [ZIP, 102KB]
- FY 2020 Addendum C Effects of Removal of Lag in Final Wage Index Data [ZIP, 122KB]
- Final FY 2019 IPF Wage Index CMS-1690-F [ZIP, 114KB]
- Final FY 2018 IPF Wage Index CMS-1673-NC [ZIP, 79KB]
- Final FY 2017 IPF Wage Index CMS-1650-N [ZIP, 72KB]
- Final FY2016 IPF Transitional Wage Index CMS-1627-F [ZIP, 264KB]
- Page last Modified: 07/30/2019 3:41 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins