Medicare Program; Inpatient Rehabilitaiton Facility Payment System for Federal Fiscal Year 2017
This rule can be viewed from here - CMS-1647-F.
The associated files to this rule, as described below, can be downloaded from here - FY 2017 Final Rule Data Files (ZIP):
- IRF Rate Setting Final Rule (81 FR 52056)
This file contains data for each of the 1,133 inpatient rehabilitation facilities used to estimate the policy updates in the final inpatient rehabilitation prospective payment system regulation. The methodology used to update the payment data is described in detail in the final rule.
- Case-Mix Groups, Relative Weights, and Average Length Of Stay Values used in the final rule (81 FR 52056) and the standard deviations from the average lengths of stay.
- IRF Wage Index Final Rule (81 FR 52056)
These files contain the urban and rural Core-Based Statistical Area FY 2017 IRF wage index tables.
- List of IRFs Receiving the Phase-Out of the Rural Adjustment (81 FR 52056)
This file contains a list of the Medicare provider numbers and names of the 20 inpatient rehabilitation facilities that are transitioning from rural to urban status, and therefore are receiving 2/3 of the 14.9 percent rural adjustment for FY 2016 and 1/3 of the 14.9 percent rural adjustment for FY 2017, as described in more detail in the final rule.
- Tier Comorbidities – ICD-10-CM – Updated 8-25-2016
This file contains the list of diagnoses (ICD-10-CM codes) that are used to determine placement in tiers for IRF discharges, effective October 1, 2016. It contains the ICD-10-CM codes, the abbreviated code labels, the appropriate tier, and any RICs for which the ICD-10-CM codes are excluded from the tiers. (Updated to reflect ICD-10-CM coding updated for October 1, 2016)