- Regulation No.
- Medicare Program; Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility Prospective Payment System for Federal Fiscal Year 2017
- Publication Date
This rule can be viewed from here: CMS-1647-P.
The associated files to this rule, as described below, can be downloaded from here: FY 2017 Proposed Rule Data Files.
- IRF Rate Setting Proposed Rule (81 FR 24178)
This file contains data for each of the 1,132 inpatient rehabilitation facilities used to estimate the proposed policy updates in the proposed inpatient rehabilitation prospective payment system regulation. The proposed methodology used to update the payment data is described in detail in the proposed rule.
- Case-Mix Groups, Relative Weights, and Average Length Of Stay
Values used in the proposed rule (79 FR 24178) and the standard deviations from the average lengths of stay.
- IRF Wage Index Proposed Rule (81 FR 24178)
These files contain the urban and rural Core-Based Statistical Area FY 2017 IRF wage index tables.
- Tier Comorbidities – ICD-10-CM
This file contains the list of diagnoses (ICD-10-CM codes) that are used to determine placement in tiers for IRF discharges, effective October 1, 2016. It contains the ICD-10-CM codes, the abbreviated code labels, the appropriate tier, and any RICs for which the ICD-10-CM codes are excluded from the tiers. (Unchanged from the revised file posted with the FY 2016 IRF PPS Final Rule Data Files).