- Regulation No.
- Medicare Program; Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility Prospective Payment System for Federal Fiscal Year 2018
- Publication Date
This rule can be viewed from here - CMS-1671-P.
The associated files to this rule, as described below, can be downloaded from here - FY 2018 Proposed Rule Data Files:
- IRF Rate Setting Proposed Rule (82 FR 20690)
This file contains data for each of the 1,137 inpatient rehabilitation facilities used to estimate the proposed policy updates in the proposed inpatient rehabilitation prospective payment system regulation. The proposed methodology used to update the payment data is described in detail in the proposed rule.
- Case-Mix Groups, Relative Weights, and Average Length Of Stay
Values used in the proposed rule (82 FR 20690) and the standard deviations from the average lengths of stay.
- Draft Presumptive Compliance (ICD-10-CM)
This file contains the proposed list of diagnoses (ICD-10-CM codes) that would be used (if finalized) to determine presumptive compliance with the IRF 60 percent rule, effective October 1, 2017.
- Draft Impairment Group Codes That Meet Presumptive Compliance Criteria (ICD-10-CM)
This file contains the proposed list of impairment group codes that would be used (if finalized) to determine presumptive compliance with the IRF 60 percent rule, effective October 1, 2017.
- Draft Major Multiple Trauma Codes (ICD-10-CM)
This file contains the proposed lists of diagnoses (ICD-10-CM codes) that IRFs may use (if finalized) to appropriately count patients with multiple fractures that include lower extremity fractures for determining presumptive compliance with the IRF 60 percent rule, effective October 1, 2017. As discussed in the proposed rule, we propose to count patients that are coded with 2 or more of the ICD-10-CM codes from the three major multiple trauma lists (in the specified code combinations) as meeting the requirements for the presumptive methodology.
- List A: Major Multiple Trauma—Lower Extremity Fracture
- List B: Major Multiple Trauma—Upper Extremity Fracture
- List C: Major Multiple Trauma—Ribs and Sternum Fracture
- Tier Comorbidities – ICD-10-CM
This file contains the list of diagnoses (ICD-10-CM codes) that are used to determine placement in tiers for IRF discharges, effective October 1, 2017. It contains the ICD-10-CM codes, the abbreviated code labels, the appropriate tier, and any RICs for which the ICD-10-CM codes are excluded from the tiers.
- IRF Wage Index Proposed Rule (82 FR 20690)
These files contain the urban and rural Core-Based Statistical Area FY 2018 IRF wage index tables.