CMS is renaming the EHR Incentive Programs to the Promoting Interoperability (PI) Programs to continue the agency’s focus on improving patients’ access to health information and reducing the time and cost required of providers to comply with the programs’ requirements. CMS is also in the process of finalizing updates to the programs through rulemaking. For more information, visit the landing page where CMS will publish updates and additional resources as soon as they are available.
Annual Updates to eCQM Specifications
Each year, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) updates the electronic Clinical quality measures (eCQMs) for potential inclusion in CMS quality reporting programs. CMS requires the implementation and use of the updates because they include new codes, logic corrections and clarifications.
The eCQMs and supporting materials for their implementation are now located on the electronic clinical quality improvement (eCQI) Resource Center:
- Eligible Professionals (EP)/Eligible Clinicians*
- Eligible Hospitals (EH)/Critical Access Hospital (CAH)
*Eligible Clinicians refers to clinicians who are eligible to participate in the Quality Payment Program through the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) and similar participants of other CMS programs using eCQM’s for quality reporting such as Alternative Payment Model (APM) participants.
The CMS Quality Reporting Document Architecture (QRDA) Implementation Guides, Schematrons, and Sample Files for Reporting of eCQMs are now located on the eCQI Resource Center.
For information regarding 2013 and 2014 Clinical Quality Measures and 2015 CQM Reporting Options, please refer to the links below
2015 Clinical Quality Measure Reporting Options
For questions related to:
- eCQM implementation specifications, logic, data elements, standards, or tools, please go to JIRA (online tacking tool): https://oncprojectracking.healthit.gov
- The Medicare and Medicaid EHR Incentive Program (“Meaningful Use”) please contact the QualityNet Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (866) 288-8912, Monday through Friday 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. CT
- The Quality Payment Program, please contact the Quality Payment Program Service Center at QPP@cms.hhs.gov or (866) 288-8292 (TTY: 1-877-715-6222), Monday—Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. ET.
- Hospital Inpatient Quality Reporting (IQR) Program requirements, policy, and alignment, submit questions to the Inpatient Support Team via the Q&A Tool at https://cms-ip.custhelp.com or (844) 472-4477, Monday—Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. ET.
- Page last Modified: 07/31/2018 3:10 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins