- Short-Term Acute Care Hospitals: Program for Evaluating Payment Patterns Electronic Reports
- Prostate Cancer: Talk to Your Patients about Screening
CMS released second quarter fiscal year 2022 Program for Evaluating Payment Patterns Electronic Reports (PEPPERs) for short-term acute care hospitals. These reports summarize provider-specific data for Medicare services that may be at risk for improper payments. Use the data to support auditing and monitoring activities.
- Visit the Distribution Schedule webpage to find out how to get your report
- Visit the PEPPER Resources webpage to review the user's guide, recorded training sessions, FAQs, information on a new Severe Malnutrition target area, and examples of how other hospitals are using the report
- Visit the Help Desk if you have questions
- Send feedback or suggestions
Medicare covers prostate cancer screenings, but in 2019, only 17% of male Fee-for-Service patients took advantage of this benefit. During Prostate Cancer Awareness Month, talk to your patients about their risk, and help them make an informed decision about screening.
Check for eligibility (PDF). If you need help, contact your eligibility service provider.
- CDC Prostate Cancer webpage
- National Cancer Institute Prostate Cancer webpage
- Prostate Cancer (PDF) data snapshot
- Prostate cancer screenings: Get information for your patients
MLN Matters® Articles
Learn about ASP updates to Chapter 17 (PDF) of the Medicare Claims Processing Manual.
This newsletter is current as of the issue date. View the complete disclaimer.
The Medicare Learning Network®, MLN Connects®, and MLN Matters® are registered trademarks of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).