Medicare HETS Provider GUI (HPG) Users:
The Medicare HETS Provider GUI (HPG) system is used by HETS 270/271 Submitters to create Submitter/Provider relationships between valid & active HETS Submitter ID numbers and Medicare Provider NPI numbers. HETS 270/271 Submitters must use HPG to create a relationship between the HETS Submitter ID and NPI prior to submitting any eligibility requests with that NPI.
The HPG system is internet based and currently utilizes IACS (Individuals with Access to CMS Computer Systems) for user authentication. CMS is in the process of changing this authentication system from IACS to EIDM (Enterprise Identity Management System). The HPG system itself is not changing but the authentication process that HPG users experience will change.
CMS is working to copy IACS accounts with HPG access over to EIDM User Accounts. The accounts that are successfully copied from IACS to EIDM will utilize the same User ID and Password as used for IACS. Therefore, CMS recommends that all HPG Users do the following:
What you should DO!
1. DO make sure that you know your IACS User ID and Password. Your IACS User ID and Password will be moved “as is” on January 30 after 5:00 PM. You should be certain that you know your IACS User ID and Password AND that you can successfully login to IACS before 5:00 PM, Friday, January 30, 2015.
2. DO reset your IACS password if you think that your password might expire between January 30 and February 9, 2015.
3.. DO work with the MCARE Help Desk (866-324-7315) to get any pending request approved before 5:00 PM, Friday, January 30, 2015.
4. DO review your IACS profile and ensure that all information is correct prior to 5:00 PM, Friday, January 30, 2015.
What you should NOT do!
1. DO NOT register for a new User ID in IACS if it cannot be approved prior to 5:00 PM, Friday, January 30, 2015
2. DO NOT register for a new User ID in EIDM. This will only complicate moving your IACS User ID to EIDM.
3. DO NOT make changes to your IACS user profile or submit a request of any type that cannot be approved prior to 5:00 PM, Friday, January 30, 2015.
Any IACS accounts that cannot successfully be copied over to EIDM will need to register for EIDM access. MCARE will notify any individuals that meet this criteria and will provide additional instruction at that time.
HPG Users may also want to review the EIDM User Guide for additional information on how to change passwords, etc. However, please do not attempt to sign into EIDM or create a new EIDM User account unless instructed by MCARE.
MCARE will provide additional guidance regarding the actual HPG transition date from IACS to EIDM as soon as possible. In the interim, HPG Users should follow the suggestions listed above and be prepared for additional updates soon.
Please contact the Help Desk if you have any questions.