Center for Medicaid and CHIP Services
Victoria Wachino, Deputy Administrator and Director
Vacant, Deputy Center Director
Tim Hill, Deputy Center Director
Medicaid Innovation Accelerator Program Strategy & Support Staff
Karen Llanos, Director
Children and Adults Health Programs Group
Ann Marie Costello, Acting Director
Division of State Coverage Programs - Manning Pellanda, Director
Division of Quality and Health Outcomes - Marsha Lillie-Blanton, Director
Division of Eligibility and Enrollment - Judith Cash, Director
Disabled and Elderly Health Programs Group
Alissa Deboy, Acting Director
Division of Benefits and Coverage - Kirsten Jensen, Acting Director
Division of Long Term Services and Supports - Ralph Lollar, Director
Division of Community Systems Transformation - Mike Smith, Acting Director
Division of Pharmacy - John Coster, Director
Division of Managed Care Plans - James Golden, Director
Division of Health Homes, PACE and COB/TPL - Nancy Klimon, Director
Data and Systems Group
Jessica Kahn, Director
Division of State Systems - Martin Rice, Director
Division of Medicaid & CHIP Information Systems - Loretta Schickner, Director
Division of Operations and Technical Services - Dona Coffman, Director
Division of Business & Data Analysis - Barbara Richards, Director
Financial Management Group
Timothy Hill, Acting Director
Division of Financial Operations - Rory Howe, Director
Division of Reimbursement and State Financing - Janet Freeze, Director
Intergovernmental and External Affairs Group
Carol Backstrom, Director
Division of State and Stakeholder Relations - Robin Preston, Director
Division of Tribal Affairs - Kathleen Marx, Director
Division of Communications and Outreach - Candice Payne, Director
Operations Services Group
Ginni Hain, Director
Division of Budget and Acquisitions - Elizabeth Aragona, Director
Division of Operations and Executive Support - Angela Corbin, Director
State Demonstrations Group
Eliot Fishman, Director
Division of State Demonstrations & Waivers - Vacant, Director
Division of Medicaid Expansion Demonstrations - Vacant, Director
Division of System Reform Demonstrations - Angela Garner, Director
Division of Demonstration Monitoring & Evaluation - Vacant, Director
- Serves as CMS' focal point for the formulation, coordination, integration, implementation, and evaluation of all national program policies and operations relating to the Medicaid and Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP).
- In partnership with States, evaluates the success of State agencies in carrying out their responsibilities for effective State program administration and beneficiary protection, and, as necessary, assists States in correcting problems and improving the quality of their operations.
- Identifies and proposes modifications to Medicaid and CHIP program measures, regulations, laws and policies to reflect changes or trends in the health care industry, program objectives, and the needs of Medicaid beneficiaries. Collaborates with the Office of Legislation on the development and advancement of new legislative initiatives and improvements.
- Serves as CMS' lead for management, oversight, budget and performance issues relating to Medicaid, CHIP, and the related interactions with the States.
- Coordinates with the Center for Program Integrity on the identification of program vulnerabilities and implementation of strategies to eliminate fraud, waste, and abuse.
- In conjunction with the Office of Public Engagement, oversees all CMS interactions and collaboration relating to Medicaid and CHIP with beneficiaries, States and territories and key stakeholders (e.g., health facilities and other health care providers, other Federal government entities, local governments) and communication and dissemination of policies, guidance and materials to same to understand their perspectives, support their efforts, and to drive best practices for beneficiaries, in States and throughout the health care industry.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive strategic plan, objectives and measures to carry out CMS' Medicaid and CHIP mission and goals and position the organization to meet future challenges with the Medicaid and CHIP programs.
- Page last Modified: 08/04/2015 3:06 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins