Center for Medicare and Medicaid Innovation
Patrick Conway, M.D., Deputy Administrator for Innovation and Quality and CMS Chief Medical Officer
Rahul Rajkumar, M.D., Deputy Director
Karen Jackson, Deputy Director
Executive Operations Staff
Will Williams, Director
Patient Care Models Group
Amy Bassano, Director
Division of Technical Model Support - Erin Colgan, Director
Division of Payment Models - Commander Rebecca Bunnell, Director
Division of Health Care Models - Meena Abraham., Director
Division of Specialty Payment Models - Amy Bassano, Acting Director
Seamless Care Models Group
Pauline Lapin, Acting Director
Division of Advanced Primary Care - Laura Sessums M.D., Director
Division of Financial Risk - Melissa Cohen, Acting Director
Division of Special Populations and Projects - Emily Carrier, Director
Division of Seamless Infrastructure - John Lumpkin, Director
Preventive and Population Health Care Models Group
Darshak Sanghavi, M.D., Director
Division of Health Care Delivery - Darshak Sanghavi, M.D., Acting Director
Division of Health Innovation and Integration - Darshak Sanghavi, M.D., Acting Director
Division of Population Health Incentives and Infrastructure - Chisara Asomugha, M.D., Acting Director
Research and Rapid Cycle Evaluation Group
Renee Mentnech, Director
Division of Health Systems Research - Suzanne Wensky, Director
Division of Payment and Accountability Research - Shannon Flood, Director
Division of Special Populations Research - William Clark, Director
Division of Data, Research and Analytic Methods - David Bott, Director
Learning and Diffusion Group
Darren DeWalt, M.D., Director
Division of Model Learning Systems - Jonathan Thornhill, Director
Division of Cross-Model Learning and Improvement - Captain Marsha Davenport, M.D., Director
Division of Improvement Dissemination and Model Expansion - Rocco Perla, Director
Business Services Group
Douglas Nock, Director
Division of Budget and Administrative Services - Elizabeth Truong, Director
Division of Central Contracts Services - Barbara Rufo, Director
Division of Information Technology and Operational Services - Todd Couts, Director
Medicare Demonstrations Program Group
Division of Delivery System Demonstrations - Jason Petroski, Director
Division of Payment Policy Demonstrations - Linda Lebovic, Director
Division of Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Demonstrations - Edward Hutton, Acting Director
Policy and Programs Group
Sheila Hanley, Director
Division of Innovation Awards Programs - Mimi Toomey, Acting Director
Division of Stakeholder Engagement and Policy - Mimi Toomey, Director
Division of Project Management and Business Intelligence - Tina Darden, Director
Division of Portfolio Management and Strategy - James Gerber, Director
Division of Health Plan Innovation - Gregory Woods, Director
State Innovations Group
Stephen Cha, M.D., Acting Director
Division of State Innovations Models - Commander Frances Jensen, M.D., Acting Director
Division of All-Payer Models - Commander Frances Jensen, M.D., Acting Director
- Identifies, validates and disseminates information about new care models and payment approaches to serve Medicare and Medicaid beneficiaries seeking to enhance the quality of health and health care and reducing cost through improvement.
- Consults with representatives of relevant Federal agencies, and clinical and analytical experts with expertise in medicine and health care management, including providers, payers, states, businesses, and community agencies, to develop new and effective models of care.
- Creates and tests new models in clinical care, integrated care and community health, and disseminates information on these models through CMS, HHS, states, local organizations, and industry channels.
- Performs rapid cycle evaluation of innovation and demonstration activities to determine effectiveness and feasibility for broader dissemination, scale, and sustainability.
- Works closely with other CMS components and regional offices to study health care industry trends and data for the purposes of designing, implementing, and evaluating innovative payment and service delivery models, and to disseminate information about effective models.
- Creates and tests innovative payment and service delivery models, building collaborative learning networks to facilitate the collection and analysis of innovation, as well as the implementation of effective practices, and developing necessary technology to support this activity.
- Creates and tests innovative payment and service delivery models, developing fellows with expertise in innovation, demonstration and diffusion to help support the introduction of effective practices across the nation.
- Carries out core business functions (e.g., budget, facilities, HR, communications).
- Page last Modified: 08/04/2015 3:07 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins