The Center for Consumer Information & Insurance Oversight
Plan Year 2020 Open Enrollment
Plan Year 2020 Open Enrollment is Open
Registered agents and brokers can assist consumers who are enrolling in plan year 2020 health and/or dental coverage through the Marketplace from November 1 to December 15, 2019.
For more information and resources on the registration and training requirements for plan year 2020, visit the Plan Year 2020 Registration and Training page.
2020 Open Enrollment Period Scheduled Maintenance Windows
Every year, CMS establishes scheduled HealthCare.gov maintenance windows that provide periods of time when CMS and its partners can make updates or resolve issues. Please note that maintenance will only occur within these windows when deemed necessary to provide consumers with a better shopping experience. Consumer access to HealthCare.gov may be limited or restricted when this maintenance is required. CMS plans to continue working with agents and brokers to ensure they have the information necessary to plan for Open Enrollment. Learn more about the scheduled maintenance windows here.
- Enhanced Direct Enrollment Fact Sheet
Provides an overview of the new Enhanced Direct Enrollment Pathway.
- Enhanced Direct Enrollment (EDE) for Marketplace Agents and Brokers
Watch this new video on the EDE pathway to learn more about key functionalities that may be offered to you, and how to work with approved EDE partners.
- Issuer and Direct Enrollment Partner Directory
This look-up tool is a searchable database that allows agents and brokers to find approved, participating issuers and web-brokers that offer online resources for agents and brokers, such as enrollment and client management functionality. Filter your search by location, services offered, and more.
- FAQ for Enhanced Direct Enrollment 2019 (PDF)
Addresses key questions agents and brokers and their clients may have about the new Enhanced Direct Enrollment Pathway.
- Helping Consumers Apply and Enroll in Marketplace Coverage (PDF)
View these slides for guidance on how to assist consumers when they apply and enroll during the Plan Year 2020 Open Enrollment period.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for Agents and Brokers
Find answers to your questions by using the FAQ Categories drop-down menu (in the gray bar under the Search field) to browse by topic, or by entering a key word into the Search field.
- New Marketplace Agent/Broker Privacy and Security FAQ (PDF)
Provides an overview of proper uses of CMS systems that agents and brokers are required to abide by when accessing HealthCare.gov, the CMS Enterprise Portal, and the Direct Enrollment Pathway.
- Assisting Consumers Without an Email Address: Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
Provides guidance on how to assist consumers who do not have active email accounts.
Help On Demand for Agents and Brokers
Help On Demand is a real-time consumer assistance referral system operated by BigWave Systems that connects consumers seeking assistance with Marketplace-registered, state-licensed agents and brokers in their area who can provide immediate assistance with Marketplace plans and enrollments. The Help On Demand technology is hosted by BigWave Systems. Only agents and brokers who have completed
Marketplace training and registration are eligible to participate in Help On Demand. For more information and resources on Help On Demand, visit the Help On Demand page.
Resources for Agents and Brokers
- Resources for Agents and Brokers in the Health Insurance Marketplaces
- General Resources
- Plan Year 2020 Open Enrollment
- Plan Year 2020 Registration and Training
- Web-brokers in the Health Insurance Marketplace
- Help On Demand
- Video Learning Center
- Issuer and DE Partner Directory
- Agent/Broker FAQs
- Agent/Broker Newsletters
- Agent/Broker Help Desks
- Registration Completion List
- Agent/Broker Marketplace Registration Tracker
- Registration Termination List
- Find Local Help