The Center for Consumer Information & Insurance Oversight
Plan Year 2020 Open Enrollment
Plan Year 2020 Open Enrollment is Now Closed
Registered agents and brokers can assist consumers who are enrolling in plan year 2020 health and/or dental coverage through the Marketplace from November 1 to December 15, 2019 during Open Enrollment. You can also assist consumers year-round to help them update their application and enrollment information.
If your clients missed the Open Enrollment Period and still need 2020 health care coverage, they may qualify for a Special Enrollment Period.
- Enhanced Direct Enrollment Fact Sheet
Provides an overview of the new Enhanced Direct Enrollment Pathway.
- Enhanced Direct Enrollment (EDE) for Marketplace Agents and Brokers
Watch this new video on the EDE pathway to learn more about key functionalities that may be offered to you, and how to work with approved EDE partners.
- Issuer and Direct Enrollment Partner Directory
This look-up tool is a searchable database that allows agents and brokers to find approved, participating issuers and web-brokers that offer online resources for agents and brokers, such as enrollment and client management functionality. Filter your search by location, services offered, and more.
- FAQ for Enhanced Direct Enrollment 2019 (PDF)
Addresses key questions agents and brokers and their clients may have about the new Enhanced Direct Enrollment Pathway.
- Helping Consumers Apply and Enroll in Marketplace Coverage (PDF)
View these slides for guidance on how to assist consumers when they apply and enroll during the Plan Year 2020 Open Enrollment period.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for Agents and Brokers
Find answers to your questions by using the FAQ Categories drop-down menu (in the gray bar under the Search field) to browse by topic, or by entering a key word into the Search field.
- New Marketplace Agent/Broker Privacy and Security FAQ (PDF)
Provides an overview of proper uses of CMS systems that agents and brokers are required to abide by when accessing HealthCare.gov, the CMS Enterprise Portal, and the Direct Enrollment Pathway.
- Assisting Consumers Without an Email Address: Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
Provides guidance on how to assist consumers who do not have active email accounts.
Help On Demand for Agent and Broker
We partner with Help On Demand, a third party service, to help consumers seeking assistance to connect with a Marketplace-registered, state-licensed agent and broker in their area who can provide immediate assistance with Marketplace plans and enrollments. The Help On Demand technology is hosted by BigWave Systems. Only agent and broker who have completed Marketplace training and registration are eligible to participate in Help On Demand. For more information and resources on Help On Demand, visit the Help On Demand page. If you are already registered to participate in Help On Demand, you can log into your account at https://marketplace.helpondemand.com.
Resources for Agents and Brokers
- Resources for Agents and Brokers in the Health Insurance Marketplaces
- General Resources
- Plan Year 2020 Open Enrollment
- Plan Year 2020 Registration and Training
- Web-brokers in the Health Insurance Marketplace
- Help On Demand
- Video Learning Center
- Issuer and DE Partner Directory
- Agent/Broker FAQs
- Agent/Broker Newsletters
- Agent/Broker Help Desks
- Registration Completion List
- Agent/Broker Marketplace Registration Tracker
- Registration Termination List
- Find Local Help
- March 5, 2020 Information Related to COVID–19 Individual and Small Group Market Insurance Coverage
- March 12, 2020 FAQs on Essential Health Benefits Coverage and the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- March 18, 2020 FAQs on Catastrophic Plan Coverage and the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- March 24, 2020 FAQs on Availability and Usage of Telehealth Services through Private Health Insurance Coverage in Response to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- March 24, 2020 Payment and Grace Period Flexibilities Associated with the COVID-19 National Emergency
- March 24, 2020 FAQs on Prescription Drugs and the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) for Issuers Offering Health Insurance Coverage in the Individual and Small Group Markets
- April 11, 2020 FAQs about Families First Coronavirus Response Act and the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act Implementation
*This document was updated on April 15, 2020, to correct an error in footnote 10 regarding the current end date of the public health emergency related to COVID 19.
- April 13, 2020 Postponement of 2019 Benefit Year HHS-operated Risk Adjustment Data Validation (HHS-RADV)