Integrated Care Resource Center Available to All States
Resources Available to All States to Coordinate Care for High-Cost, High-Need Beneficiaries
A technical assistance resource center, the Integrated Care Resource Center (ICRC), is available to assist States in delivering coordinated health care services to Medicare-Medicaid enrollees. This resource provides technical assistance to States at all levels of readiness to better serve beneficiaries, improve quality and reduce costs. CMS has contracted with Mathematica Policy Research to lead the Integrated Care Resource Center.
The Integrated Care Resource Center assists the Medicare-Medicaid Coordination Office as we work with States to more effectively promote innovative approaches to delivering coordinated health care to beneficiaries including those with chronic conditions and/or eligibility for both the Medicare and Medicaid programs.
Types of Assistance Available to States
Examples of the types of assistance provided by the Integrated Care Resource Center include:
- Conducting needs assessment and gap analysis;
- Providing technical assistance in areas including program design, stakeholder engagement, data, and health information technology;
- Facilitating sharing of best practices across States; and
- Developing resources to support States' efforts to coordinate primary, acute, behavioral health, and long-term supports and services for high-need, high-cost individuals, including Medicare-Medicaid enrollees.
Specific resources are available to States interested in participating in the demonstration to test financial models to support care coordination for Medicare-Medicaid enrollees, and states considering alternate models of integration.
States interested in receiving technical assistance may visit the ICRC Website at http://www.integratedcareresourcecenter.com
- ICRC Website - Opens in a new window
- HHS Press Release - Obama Administration Offers States New Ways to Improve Care, Lower Costs for Medicaid - Opens in a new window
- CMS Fact Sheet - Technical Assistance Resource Center Avialable to States - Opens in a new window
- CMS Administrator Dr. Donald Berwick Blog Post - Helping State Improve Care and Reduce Costs - Opens in a new window
- Page last Modified: 05/14/2015 4:54 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins