Fiscal Soundness Reporting Requirements (FSRR)
This page contains the Fiscal Soundness Reporting Requirements instructions, which is updated annually in March in order for plans to submit to CMS their independently audited financial statements by April 30th of the current contract year. As required under 42 CFR 422.516(a)(5), in order for Medicare Advantage (MA) organizations, section 1876 cost contract plans, Programs of All Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) organizations, and Part D plan sponsors to demonstrate that they have a fiscally sound operation, each year they must effectively develop, compile, evaluate, and report their previous year's financial statements through the Health Plan Management System (HPMS).
PACE organizations and new MA organizations have slightly different requirements, which are detailed in the download below.
Revised instructions are posted below.
- FSRR Memo for 2019 FSM Release_ [PDF, 104KB]
- CY 2019 FSRR for MA MMP 1876 Cost Plan [PDF, 78KB]
- CY 2019 FSRR for PDP [PDF, 53KB]
- CY 2019 FSRR for PACE [PDF, 78KB]
- FSMPlanUserGuide [PDF, 1MB]
- HPMS_MEMO_01_12_2017_Fiscal_Soundness_Requirements_and_Monitoring [PDF, 92KB]
- HPMS_MEMO_11_17_2015_Clarification_of_Fiscal_Soundness_Requirements [PDF, 69KB]
- SubordinatedGuaranteedDebtAttestationForm [PDF, 145KB]
- Page last Modified: 04/04/2019 2:14 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins