- Home Page for Hospitals and MACs for the Medicare Wage Index 2013 Occupational Mix Survey (Applicable to FY 2016 Wage Index)
- Section 304(c) of Public Law 106-554 amended section 1886(d)(3)(E) of the Social Security Act and requires CMS to collect data every 3 years on occupational mix of employees for each short-term, acute care hospital participating in the Medicare program. The file in the downloads section below contains the following: Form CMS-10079 (2013) which includes the 2013 Occupational Mix Survey Hospital Form and Instructions and Definitions (which will be applied to the FY 2016 wage index).
- Fiscal Year
Occupational Mix Survey Deadlines
- July 1, 2014: Deadline for hospitals to submit to MACs their 2013 Occupational Mix Survey
- July 7, 2014: Deadline for MACs to send to CMS consolidated Occupational Mix Surveys
- Around Mid July 2014: CMS posts the preliminary calendar year 2013 Occupational Mix Survey Data
Files Available for Download1. PDF Version of 2013 Form CMS-10079 OM Survey Instructions: This is the PDF version of the Occupational Mix survey instructions for FY 2016.
2. Excel Version of 2013 Form CMS-10079 OM Survey for Providers: This is the Excel version of the Occupational Mix survey instructions for FY 2016 for Provider. This contains two tabs. One for the survey and the other with the OM instructions. Providers shall use this spreadsheet to fill out the survey and send a completed survey to their MACs.
3. Summary Spreadsheet for MACs: This is an Excel spreadsheet for MACs. MACs shall include all OM surveys in this spreadsheet and then send this spreadsheet to CMS.