Home Health PPS Software
Home Health PPS Software Package
The Home Health Prospective Payment System (HH PPS) Grouper v7218 is available for download. The HH PPS Grouper v7218 is a required update for OASIS submissions with an assessment completion date on or after October 1, 2018.
Changes included within v7218:
- New FY 2019 diagnosis codes are added with Diagnostic Groups assigned to applicable codes
- Updates to the manifestation and etiology code pairs for new manifestation diagnosis codes K82.A1 and K82.A2 per the Medicare Code Editor (MCE)
- There is an update to the list of diagnosis codes subject to the gangrene exclusion
- Removal of NRS DG assignment for diagnosis code C44191
- Updated assignment for diagnosis code G7111
- Updated etiology code list in the DiagnosisEtiology code pairs table for new diagnosis codes
- Additional details are included in the Detailed Summary document included with the software
Installing the HH-PPS Grouper Software
The contents in the zip file should be unzipped into the following folder (keeping the existing directory structure intact):
*** IMPORTANT ***
If installed into any other directory than the one defined above, then the runGrouperHPtest.bat and configuration files in the following directory must be updated to reference the new location: \config
Support for the HH-PPS Grouper Software
For related questions, please use the following contacts:
- Email: email@example.com: Contact for questions with HH-PPS grouper software installation and Beta enrollment
- Email: CMS_IT_SERVICE_DESK@cms.hhs.gov or contact CMS IT Service Desk, phone 410-786-2580 or 1-800-562-1963: Contact for questions with HH-PPS Beta release notification or HH-PPS beta software download
- Email: CMSOASISquestions@oasisanswers.com: Contact for questions with OASIS
- Email: PCPricers@cms.hhs.gov: Contact for questions with Home Health PC Pricer
Note: Please do not submit Protected Health Information through this email system. It is not necessary to send personally identifiable data to demonstrate your question or concern.
CMS is Soliciting Beta Site Testers
Signing Up for Beta Testing
Thank you for your interest in participating in the beta testing of the Home Health grouper for the CMS Home Health Prospective Payment System (HH PPS).
To enroll as a beta site, vendors will be required to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with contact information. Once email has been sent you will be contacted with additional information on how to obtain the software package.
The Beta Process
There are 2 releases of the software each year: January and October. The general release of the software is approximately 8-10 weeks prior to the implementation date. Approximately four weeks prior to the general release, you will be notified that the beta test package is ready for download. Please remember to have the IDs and passwords up to date to access the beta software.
Upon receipt of the beta package, testers will be expected to:
- Create test cases to test items outlined in the summary of data changes document.
- Test the application by:
- running the test file included in the software package
- confirming test results with expected results stored in the input file.
- Communicate immediately if any problems are identified during installation or if any questions or comments arise during the beta testing. Contact information will be provided to beta test designees with each distribution.
- Complete testing and report on your findings to the contact listed in the software package within ten business days of having the beta release made available.
- FAQs on the HH PPS Grouper Software, Installation, and Beta Testing
- Send any comments or questions to: email@example.com
- As a beta tester, software and information will be release to you for HH PPS grouper beta testing before being release to the general public. With the exception of your designated contact, this material may not be discussed with, or distributed to anyone outside of your organization. To prevent unauthorized release, access to this information within your organization should be limited to individuals who are directly involved in the beta testing.
- Jan 2017 HH PPS Grouper Software (Posted 11/17/16) [ZIP, 20MB]
- Oct 2016 HH PPS Grouper Software (Posted 7/21/16) [ZIP, 17MB]
- Jan 2016 HH PPS Grouper Software (Posted 11/12/15) [ZIP, 15MB]
- Oct 2015 HH PPS Grouper Software (Posted 4/30/15) [ZIP, 13MB]
- Jan 2015 HH PPS Grouper_R2 (Posted 12/22/14) [ZIP, 10MB]
- Jan 2015 HH PPS Grouper Software (Posted 11/12/14) [ZIP, 11MB]
- Oct 2014 HH PPS Grouper Software (Posted 8/6/14) [ZIP, 10MB]
- Page last Modified: 07/24/2018 12:29 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins