Coding and Billing Information
Home Health PPS Coding and Billing Information includes:
- HH PPS HIPPS code weight table - See "Downloads" section below. These spreadsheets map each of the 1836 HIPPS code for the HH PPS to its associated case-mix weight.
- Home Health PPS Grouper Software and Documentation - See "Related Links Inside CMS" below.
- Health Insurance Prospective Payment System (HIPPS) Codes - See "Related Links Inside CMS" below.
- Home Health PC Pricer - Program used by CMS to calculate Home Health Resource Group (HHRG) rates and all applicable adjustments. The link below also includes a user manual for the program. See "Related Links Inside CMS" below.
- Home Health Consolidated Billing Master Code List - An Excel workbook file containing complete lists of all codes ever subject to consolidated billing provision of HH PPS. A master list worksheet shows the dates each code was included and excluded from consolidated billing editing on claims, with associated CMS transmittal references. The master list also associates each code with any related predecessor and successor codes. Supplemental worksheets show the list of included codes for each CMS transmittal to date. See "Downloads" section below.
- Home Health PPS Wage Index Files - See "Downloads" section below.
- Converting Dates to Hexavigesimal Codes - A resource to assist home health agencies in creating the treatment authorization codes required on their claims.
- CY 2019 HH PPS Case Mix Weights [ZIP, 166KB]
- Home Health Consolidated Billing Master Code List [ZIP, 107KB]
- CY 2014 Home Health PPS Wage Index File - CMS-1450-F [ZIP, 36KB]
- CY 2015 Home Health PPS Wage Index File (Revised 11/17/14 due to typographical errors in a few county names; all other information remains the same) [ZIP, 523KB]
- CY 2016 Home Health PPS Wage Index File [ZIP, 110KB]
- CY 2017 Home Health PPS Wage Index File [ZIP, 107KB]
- CY 2018 Home Health PPS Wage Index File [ZIP, 105KB]
- Converting Dates to Hexavigesimal Codes [ZIP, 20KB]
- Page last Modified: 12/04/2018 9:43 AM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins