Reports to States
Explore the Data
Reports to States
CMS must provide annual reports to state of their Open Payments data. The Data Explorer interface should be used by states to aggregate and filter their data, as well as create state-specific data visualizations.
Any custom view report generated within the Data Explorer can be downloaded in a number of different data delivery and consumption formats.To access data specific to your state, follow these instructions:
- Create a filtered view to view only records where payments were received in your state:
- Go to the Data Explorer landing page
- Select a dataset to work with. Read the Methodology Overview and Data Dictionary to understand more about the all the datasets available for review and download.
- The dataset will open in the Data Explorer interface.
- Select the blue "Filter" button in the top right row of buttons.
- In the Filter area that appears on the right side of the screen, click the "Add a New Filter Condition" button.
- Click the down arrow next to the column name that appears (General_Transaction_ID) and from the "Select a column to filter by" dialog box that opens up, scroll to and select "Recipient_State."
- Enter your state abbreviation (MD, AK, IL, etc.) into the text box that appears under "Recipient_State."
- Save your filtered view:
- Click on the light blue "Export" button in the top right row of buttons.
- In the Download As area that appears on the right side of the screen, select the format you'd like to save your file as. These formats include CSV, XLS and PDF formats, among others.
- Select a location and save your file.
- Repeat from Step 1, #2 for all datasets you want to filter and download.
You can learn more about the Data Explorer and view step-by-step instructions on how to use additional features on the support page.
The Methodology Overview and Data Dicitonary can provide details on all datasets available for review and download.
To learn about what is and is not included in the data reported in this current data cycle, visit the Data overview page. The How Open Payments works page gives a birds-eye view of the entire Open Payments system or learn more about what this data might mean to you or an organization you’re associated with on the Open Payments Data in Context page.
- Page last Modified: 06/30/2015 1:27 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins