This page links to the download for Toolkit Part 9, Things to know if your written material is for older adults. This part covers the following topics:
- How aging can affect literacy skills
- Changes in vision
- Declines in cognitive processes
- How serious are these cognitive declines?
- Cognitive skills that remain in later life
- How can you help older readers?
- A reader-centered approach
- Helping older readers who have vision limitations
- Helping older readers who have experienced declines in cognitive skills
- Tips for reducing the cognitive demand of your written material
To view Toolkit Part 9, click the download listed below. You are also allowed to save or print a copy of this download from your personal computer.