Toolkit Part 9: Material for older adults
This page links to the download for Toolkit Part 9, Things to know if your written material is for older adults. This part covers the following topics:
- How aging can affect literacy skills
- Changes in vision
- Declines in cognitive processes
- How serious are these cognitive declines?
- Cognitive skills that remain in later life
- How can you help older readers?
- A reader-centered approach
- Helping older readers who have vision limitations
- Helping older readers who have experienced declines in cognitive skills
- Tips for reducing the cognitive demand of your written material
To view Toolkit Part 9, click the download listed below. You are also allowed to save or print a copy of this download from your personal computer.
- Page last Modified: 03/16/2012 6:39 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins