Medicare FFS Educational Resources
The educational resources listed on this web page are designed to increase national awareness and assist in the implementation of Versions 5010, D.0 and 3.0. Products that target a specific audience, such as Medicare FFS, will be clearly identified. Otherwise, products and information may be appropriate for the healthcare industry at large.
Version 5010 Resource Card
The Version 5010 Resource Card is now available. This educational tool is designed to provide a timeline and list of resources related to the implementation of HIPAA Versions 5010 and D.0.
Versions 5010 and D.0 Fact Sheets and Checklists
- From the Medicare Learning Network (MLN): CMS released two HIPAA Version 5010 fact sheets: a Basic Fact Sheet and a Transition Fact Sheet, as well as a Preparation Check List and a Provider Check List, to assist providers in transitioning to 5010.
- Version 5010 is the new version of the X12 standards for HIPAA transactions; version D.0 is the new version of the National Council for Prescription Drug Program (NCPDP) standards for pharmacy and supplier transactions; and version 3.0 is a new NCPDP standard for Medicaid pharmacy subrogation.
- The implementation of HIPAA Version 5010 presents substantial changes in the content of the data that providers submit with their claims, as well as the data available to them in response to their electronic inquiries for eligibility or claims status. These educational materials inform providers of these changes and how they need to plan for their implementation. This information is designed for Medicare providers; however, it may be of interest to all health care providers.
National Provider Calls
Throughout the implementation of Version 5010, CMS will be hosting a variety of national education calls that will inform the provider community of the steps that they need to take in order to be ready for implementation. These calls will also give participants an opportunity to ask questions of CMS subject matter experts. Visit the "new" Medicare FFS National Calls page.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Versions 5010, D.0 and 3.0 FAQs are posted on the CMS website and continue to be updated as new information is available.
- Page last Modified: 04/17/2013 3:40 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins