Annual Call For Measures
Medicare Promoting Interoperability Program Call for Measures
What is the Calendar Year (CY) Annual Call for Measures?
In CY 2020, we’re continuing the Annual Call for Measures process to involve our stakeholders in refining the Medicare Promoting Interoperability Program measures for eligible hospitals and critical access hospitals (CAHs).
We’re committed to working with stakeholders to drive meaningful use of certified electronic health record technology (CEHRT) by Medicare eligible hospitals and CAHs that participate in the Medicare Promoting Interoperability Program.
When are Annual Call for Measure proposals due?
In order for your proposed measures to be considered for future rulemaking, your proposal is due by July 1, 2020.
What do I need to consider in my proposal?
We ask stakeholders to consider submitting measures that apply to eligible hospitals and CAHs participating in the Medicare Promoting Interoperability Program. We’re interested in adding measures that:
- Build on the advanced use of CEHRT using 2015 Edition Certification Standards and Criteria.
- Promote interoperability and health information exchange.
- Improve program efficiency, effectiveness, and flexibility.
- Give patients access to their health information.
- Reduce clinician burden.
- Align with the Promoting Interoperability Performance Category for eligible clinicians participating in the Merit-based Incentive Payment System.
Applicants should also consider:
- Health IT activities that may be attested to in lieu of traditional reporting.
- Potential new Opioid Use Disorder prevention and treatment-related measures.
- Measurable outcomes that show greater cost or resource use that can be linked to the use of health IT-enabled processes.
How do I submit my proposal?
Send your measures for consideration to CMSPICallforMeasures@ketchum.com using the submission form (PDF), with this required information:
- Measures description.
- Measure type (such as outcome measure, process measure, patient safety measure, etc.);
- Yes/No statement and exclusion criteria (if applicable);
- Numerator and numerator description/Denominator and denominator description and exclusion criteria (if applicable);
- Any applicable measure exclusions; and
- Required CEHRT functionalities (if applicable).
You have to send in all of the required information for us to consider your proposal. Please note N/A or “not applicable” in any field that doesn’t apply to the measure you’re proposing.
If you don’t provide information for every field/section in the form, we won’t evaluate your proposal.
Where can I get more information?
- Medicare Promoting Interoperability Program Call for Measures Submission Form (PDF)
- Medicare Promoting Interoperability Program Call for Measures Fact Sheet (PDF)