Annual Call For Measures
Medicare Promoting Interoperability Program Call for Measures
What is the Annual Call for Measures?
In Calendar Year (CY) 2021, we continued the Annual Call for Measures process to involve our stakeholders in refining the Medicare Promoting Interoperability Program measures for eligible hospitals and critical access hospitals (CAHs).
We’re committed to working with stakeholders to drive meaningful use of certified electronic health record technology (CEHRT) for eligible hospitals and CAHs that participate in the Medicare Promoting Interoperability Program.
When are Annual Call for Measure proposals due?
The submission period for the 2021 Medicare Promoting Interoperability Program Call for Measures closed on Wednesday, June 30, 2021.
What was needed for a proposal?
We asked stakeholders to consider submitting measures that apply to eligible hospitals and CAHs participating in the Medicare Promoting Interoperability Program. We’re interested in adding measures that:
- Build on the advanced use of CEHRT using 2015 Edition and/or 2015 Edition Cures Update Certification Standards and Criteria;
- Promote interoperability and health information exchange;
- Improve program efficiency, effectiveness, and flexibility;
- Give patients access to their health information;
- Reduce clinician burden; and
- Align with the Promoting Interoperability Performance Category for eligible clinicians participating in the Merit-based Incentive Payment System.
We asked applicants to also consider:
- Health IT activities that may be attested to in lieu of traditional reporting;
- Potential new Opioid Use Disorder prevention and treatment-related measures; and
- Measurable outcomes demonstrating greater efficiency in cost or resource use that can be linked to the use of health IT-enabled processes.
Where can I get more information?