2018 Call For Measures
Medicare Promoting Interoperability Program Call for Measures
In Calendar Year (CY) 2018, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is initiating an Annual Call for Measures process to allow our stakeholders to be involved in the focus on and ongoing evolution of Medicare Promoting Interoperability (PI) Program measures. Proposals submitted by June 29, 2018 will be considered for inclusion in rulemaking in CY 2019. If finalized, measure implementation would be required beginning in CY 2021 but optional in CY 2020. This process reinforces our commitment to engaging with stakeholders to further advance meaningful use of certified electronic health record technology (CEHRT) by Medicare eligible hospitals and critical access hospitals (CAHs) participating in the Medicare PI Program.
Areas of Interest
CMS requests that stakeholders consider measures that could be applicable for eligible hospitals and CAHs participating in the Medicare PI Program. We are particularly interested in adding measures to our program that:
- Utilize the 2015 Edition CEHRT;
- Increase CEHRT health information exchange and interoperability;
- Continue improving program efficiency, effectiveness, and flexibility;
- Measure patient outcomes; and
- Emphasize patient safety.
Additional Criteria to Consider
CMS also intends to utilize the below criteria as part of the selection process for new measure proposals. Before submitting a measure proposal, please consider the following:
- Would the proposed measure(s) reduce reporting burden?
- Is the proposed measure(s) duplicative of existing or previously removed objectives and measures?
- Would the proposed measure include an emerging certified health IT functionality or capability?
Measure proposals are due by June 29, 2018.
Measures for consideration must be submitted to CMSCallforMeasuresEHR@ketchum.com using the 2018 Medicare PI Program Call for Measures Submission Form.
Proposals that do not provide information for every field/section in the application will not be evaluated for consideration. Any information/field not applicable to the measure proposal must state “N/A” or “not applicable” or the proposal will not be considered, as the application will be judged as incomplete.
Measure Selection Process
New measure proposals will be reviewed at CMS for completeness. CMS will review and select measures for consideration based on the areas of interest and criteria listed above, and will notify participants if their measures have been selected.
- Page last Modified: 05/15/2018 2:35 PM
- Help with File Formats and Plug-Ins