The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) hosts regular webinars to educate the healthcare community about topics related to the Promoting Interoperability Programs. During these events, CMS program experts provide updates on program changes, requirements, and deadlines; upcoming events; and new resources. Program experts also reserve time at the end of each webinar to address audience questions.
For questions about upcoming webinars or previous events, please e-mail: email@example.com.
Subscribe to the Promoting Interoperability Programs listserv, and be the first to learn about upcoming events.
- There are currently no upcoming webinars. We will update this section when new webinars and trainings are announced.
Previous Webinars and Presentations
- 2019 IPPS Final Rule and Changes to the Medicare Promoting Interoperability Program
- Click here for presentations from previous years.
Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) 2019 Annual Conference Educational Session Presentations
- Quality Payment Program Year 3 (PDF) – Highlights details for year 3 (2019) of the Quality Payment Program, including eligibility and requirements for each performance category, reporting and data submission options, and scoring.
- Meaningful Measures Initiative (PDF) – Highlights CMS’s continued efforts to coordinate and streamline measures while reducing the burden of reporting for providers, encourage innovation, empower patients, and improve the CMS customer experience.
- Electronic Clinical Quality Measures: Increasing Value & Reducing Burden (PDF) - Provides an overview of the progress to date in implementing eCQM Strategy Project recommendations to increase value and reduce the burden associated with electronic use of data.
- Initiative to Advance Interoperability (PDF) – Highlights CMS’s efforts to further achieve interoperability, as well as highlight its vision for interoperability in the future.
Led by CMS program experts, the Vendor Workgroup features monthly webinars and Q&A sessions designed to provide updates, give technical assistance, and address questions or concerns related to CMS quality reporting and value-based purchasing programs. Topics range from meeting program and certification requirements, to issues that could affect health IT companies and their products, such as tools and standards used in conjunction with electronic clinical quality measure (eCQM) development, implementation, and submission.
Health IT vendors providing certified electronic health record technology (CEHRT), quality reporting tools, or service may sign up by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, company, title, email, phone, address, and the health IT/quality reporting products you manage. If there are specifics on which you would like CMS to present, please include a description of the topic in your e-mail as well.
Vendor Workgroup Presentations
- August 22, 2019 Vendor Workgroup Presentation (PDF) – Includes updates on CMS Reporting Document Architecture (QRDA) III, Cypress Validation Utility + Calculation Check (CVU+), the Inpatient Quality Reporting (IQR) Program, Fiscal Year 2020 Inpatient Prospective Payment System (IPPS) and Long-term Care (LTCH) Hospital Final Rule for the Medicare Promoting Interoperability Program, Quality Payment Program, and Post-Acute Care Announcements.
- June 27, 2019 Vendor Workgroup Presentation (PDF) – Includes updates on the Quality Payment Program, Quality Payment Program EHR API Submissions, eCQM Annual Update for 2021 Reporting and Performance, Final 2020 QRDA I Implementation Guide for Hospital Quality Reporting, Schematrons, and Sample Files, Medicare Promoting Interoperability Program Hardship Exception Application, and 2019 Medicare Promoting Interoperability Program Annual Call for Measures.
- April 25, 2019 Vendor Workgroup Presentation (PDF) – Includes updates on the eCQM Annual Update Pre-Publication Document, 2019 Medicare Promoting Interoperability Program Annual Call for Measures, CQL-based HQMF Human Readable for the Measure Authoring Tool, Collaborative Measure Development Workspace updates, Hospital IQR updates, CVU+, and Quality Payment Program Experience Report, Data Submission, and Group Registration updates.
- February 28, 2019 Vendor Workgroup Presentation (PDF) – Includes updates on the 2019 CMS QRDA III IG Addendum, eCQI Resource Center – eCQM Annual Timeline and InfoTrac, Hospital IQR Program, Collaborative Measure Development Workspace, Upcoming CMS Assessment Submission & Processing and Reporting System Enhancement for LTCHs, and Quality Payment Program – Data Submission and Call for Measures.
- December 13, 2018 Vendor Workgroup Presentation (PDF) – Includes updates on the Quality Payment Program, CVU+, and 2019 CMS QRDA III Implementation Guide, Schematron, and Sample Files.
- September 20, 2018 Vendor Workgroup Presentation (PDF)– Includes updates on the CMS eCQM Strategy Project, the eCQM Value Sets for the 2019 Reporting Period for Eligible Clinician, Eligible Professional, and Hospital Quality Reporting Programs, EHR Reporting Program Request for Information, Hospital IQR Program eCQM Reporting, and various updates about the Quality Payment Program.
- August 23, 2018 Vendor Workgroup Presentation (PDF) – Includes updates on the Quality Payment Program, 2018 CMS QRDA III Implementation Guide for Eligible Clinicians and Eligible Professionals, FY 2019 Medicare IPPS and LTCH Final Rule, Hospital IQR Program, and Health Information Technology Advisory Committee (HITAC), as well as Post-Acute Care Announcements, and a presentation on the CMS Data Element Library.
- July 19, 2018 Vendor Workgroup Presentation (PDF) – Includes updates on the Quality Data Model (QDM) v5.4 Standard, and various updates about the Quality Payment Program.
- May 24, 2018 Vendor Workgroup Presentation (PDF) – Includes updates on eCQI Resource Center, Direct Referenced Codes, Technical Release Notes, and the annual update for 2019 reporting/performance overview, an update on OCR Cybersecurity and Breach resources, and information on the Medicare and Medicaid Promoting Interoperability Programs Name Change.
*For previous year presentations before 2016, click here.