Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
To help health care providers understand the Medicare and Medicaid EHR Incentive Programs, CMS has compiled a comprehensive list of frequently asked questions (FAQs) and answers*.
Click here (PDF) to review EHR Incentive Program questions and answers related to the following topics:
- General Questions (PDF)
- Hardship Exceptions (PDF)
- Eligibility and Participation (PDF)
- Group Reporting (PDF)
- Place of Service (POS) (PDF)
- Audits (PDF)
- Privacy and Security (PDF)
- Medicaid (PDF)
- Objectives and Measures (PDF)
- Certified Electronic Health Record Technology (CEHRT) (PDF)
- Incentive Payments (PDF)
- Clinical Quality Measures (CQMs) (PDF)
- Payment Adjustments (PDF)
- Advancing Care Information (ACI) (PDF)
- Opioid Measures (PDF)
- Non-Opioid Measures (PDF)
Each FAQ is associated with a FAQ number. To find an FAQ, search the document by FAQ number or by a topic listed above.
*Previously, the FAQs were housed here. However, that site will no longer house FAQs related to the EHR program after March 2nd, 2018.