Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) Grant Program
The purpose of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services' Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) Health Services Research Grant Program is to support HBCU researchers in carrying out health services research activities to meet the needs of diverse CMS beneficiary populations. This is the 18th year for the grant program. The goals of the grant program are to:
- encourage HBCU health services researchers to pursue research issues which impact the Medicare, Medicaid, and SCHIP programs,
- assist CMS in implementing its mission focusing on health care quality and improvement for its beneficiaries,
- assist HBCU researchers by supporting extramural research in health care capacity development activities for the African American communities,
- increase the pool of HBCU researchers capable of implementing the research, demonstration, and evaluation activities of CMS, and
- assist in fostering inter-university communication and collaboration regarding African American health disparity issues.
For more information, click on the links in the downloads area.