Thursday, August 4, 2022
- Hospices: Volunteer to Test Hospice Outcomes & Patient Evaluation Instrument
- Immunization: Protect Your Patients
Hospices: Volunteer to Test Hospice Outcomes & Patient Evaluation Instrument
CMS is looking for additional Medicare-certified hospice providers to test the Hospice Outcomes & Patient Evaluation assessment instrument. We plan to collect data from August through this fall. Visit the Updates section of the Provider and Stakeholder Engagement webpage for more details.
Immunization: Protect Your Patients
Adult vaccination rates remain low, especially among racial and ethnic minority populations who are less likely to be vaccinated. During National Immunization Awareness Month (NIAM), encourage your patients to get back on track with routine vaccines:
- Help protect your patients against serious diseases. Talk to them about vaccines they may have missed.
- Help high-risk patients learn about the benefits of vaccines.
- Use your recommendation to make a difference. You’re a valued and trusted source of health information.
- Refer patients to other vaccine providers, and follow up even if your practice doesn’t administer or stock certain vaccines.
Medicare covers the following vaccines:
Your patients pay nothing if you accept assignment. You can now check eligibility (PDF) for CPT or HCPCS codes, date of service, and NPI that billed for flu shots in the last 18 months. If you need help, contact your eligibility service provider.
- Medicare Preventive Services educational tool
- CDC NIAM and Adult Vaccination Resources webpages
- Office of Minority Health: Health Observances and Immunization and Vaccine Resources webpages
- Vaccines.gov website
- Medicare Part D Vaccines (PDF) fact sheet
- COVID-19 vaccine, flu shots, pneumococcal shots, and Hepatitis B shots: Get information for your patients
Claims, Pricers, & Codes
ICD-10-CM Code Files: Fiscal Year 2023
Visit the 2023 ICD-10-CM webpage for code files effective for discharges and patient encounters on or after October 1, 2022, including:
- Present on admission exempt codes (ZIP)
- Conversion table (ZIP)
- Descriptions (ZIP)
- Addendum (ZIP)
- Code tables, tabular, and index (ZIP)
- Guidelines (PDF)
For procedure codes, visit the 2023 ICD-10-PCS webpage.
ICD-10 Medicare Severity Diagnosis-Related Group Version 40
Visit the Medicare Severity Diagnosis-Related Group (MS-DRG) Classifications and Software webpage to get ICD-10 MS-DRG version 40 grouper software, definitions manual (ZIP), and definition of Medicare code edits (ZIP) effective for discharges on or after October 1, 2022.
ICD-10 Coordination & Maintenance Committee Meeting — September 13–14
Tuesday, September 13 – Wednesday, September 14
Get information to participate in these virtual meetings:
- Procedure code topics on September 13: See the CMS ICD-10 Coordination and Maintenance Committee webpage
- Diagnosis code topics on September 13–14: See the CDC ICD-10 Coordination and Maintenance Committee webpage
Items & Services Not Covered Under Medicare — Revised
Learn more (PDF) about:
- Medicare Advantage Plan patients
- Railroad Retirement Board coverage of Canadian hospital services
Subscribe to the MLN Connects® newsletter. You can read previous issues in the archive.
This newsletter is current as of the issue date. View the complete disclaimer.
The Medicare Learning Network®, MLN Connects®, and MLN Matters® are registered trademarks of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).