The Center for Consumer Information & Insurance Oversight
Consumer Support and Information
The Affordable Care Act provides consumers with significant new protections, including the ability to appeal decisions by plans to deny coverage of needed services and select an available primary care provider of their choosing.
As part of the law, CCIIO is helping consumers appeal health plan decisions, understand the Consumer Assistance Program, and more easily understand and evaluate their health insurance choices.
The new Consumer Assistance Program Grants (CAP Grants) will educate consumers about their health coverage options and ensure access to accurate information.
The law ensures consumer’s rights to appeal health plans decisions or request a reconsideration of a decision to deny payment for a service or treatment.
The Affordable Care Act ensures consumers have access to two forms that will help them understand and evaluate their health insurance choices - a Summary of Benefits and Coverage and a uniform glossary of terms commonly used in health insurance coverage.
- November 5, 2019 FAQ: Quality Rating Information Bulletin’s (Quality Bulletin’s) Display Guidelines for Direct Enrollment (DE) Entities
- November 1, 2019 Enhanced Direct Enrollment Approved Partners (Updated)
- September 11, 2019 FAQ: Enhanced Direct Enrollment Participation Requirements for Non-Issuer of a Primary EDE Entity Environment
- August 15, 2019 Quality Rating Information Bulletin for Plan Year 2020 Health Insurance Exchanges Quality Rating System (QRS) for Plan Year (PY) 2019: Results at a Glance
- April 18, 2019 CMS-9926-F: Final HHS Notice of Benefit and Payment Parameters for 2020 Final 2020 Letter to Issuers on Federally-facilitated Exchanges Key Dates for Calendar Year 2019: QHP Certification in the FFEs; Rate Review; Risk Adjustment
- April 4, 2019 Guidance on Unified Rate Review Timeline: Timing of Submission of Rate Filing Justifications for the 2019 Filing Year for Single Risk Pool Coverage Effective on or after January 1, 2020
- March 19, 2019 2020 Final Actuarial Value Calculator 2020 Final Actuarial Value Calculator Methodology
- March 6, 2019 CMS-9921-NC: Request for Information Regarding the Sale of Individual Health Insurance Coverage Across State Lines Through Health Care Choice Compacts
- February 28, 2019 Section 1332 Pass-through Funding Tools and Resources