The Center for Consumer Information & Insurance Oversight
District of Columbia State Flexibility to Stabilize the Market Grant Award
Grant Application Summary
District of Columbia Grantee: Department Of Insurance, Securities and Banking
Award Date: August 20, 2018
Total Award: $277,958.59
Baseline Award: $274,344.83
Workload Award: $3,613.76
Section 2702 - The District of Columbia Department of Insurance, Securities and Banking will hire consultants to review form filings, rate filings, enrollment data, District and federal laws, and other related sources to help establish health care coverage baseline data, and then make recommendations based on that data. In addition to ensuring health insurance issuers are offering approved products for purchase, the District of Columbia will also review the coverage options among Affordable Care Act (ACA) compliant plans in Washington D.C. with regard to the meaningful difference standard under 45 CFR § 156.298. Additionally, the department will review District law and draft guidance regarding payment of past-due premiums.
Section 2703 - The District of Columbia Department of Insurance, Securities and Banking will analyze the impact of non-Affordable Care Act (ACA) coverage (association health plans and short-term limited duration policies) on enrollment and market stability in the individual health insurance market, and draft guidance to health insurance issuers. In addition to ensuring health insurance issuers renew or continue coverage at the option of the individual or plan sponsor (unless an exception applies), the department will review changes in benefits or cost-sharing for renewed plans pursuant to uniform modification rules and the Uniform Modification and Plan/Product Withdrawal FAQ.
- March 5, 2020 Information Related to COVID–19 Individual and Small Group Market Insurance Coverage
- March 12, 2020 FAQs on Essential Health Benefits Coverage and the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- March 18, 2020 FAQs on Catastrophic Plan Coverage and the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- March 24, 2020 FAQs on Availability and Usage of Telehealth Services through Private Health Insurance Coverage in Response to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- March 24, 2020 Payment and Grace Period Flexibilities Associated with the COVID-19 National Emergency
- March 24, 2020 FAQs on Prescription Drugs and the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) for Issuers Offering Health Insurance Coverage in the Individual and Small Group Markets
- April 11, 2020 FAQs about Families First Coronavirus Response Act and the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act Implementation
*This document was updated on April 15, 2020, to correct an error in footnote 10 regarding the current end date of the public health emergency related to COVID 19.
- April 13, 2020 Postponement of 2019 Benefit Year HHS-operated Risk Adjustment Data Validation (HHS-RADV)