The Center for Consumer Information & Insurance Oversight
Maryland State Flexibility to Stabilize the Market Grant Award
Grant Application Summary
Maryland Grantee: Maryland Insurance Administration
Award Date: August 20, 2018
Total Award: $280,000.00
Baseline Award: $274,344.83
Workload Award: $5,655.17
Sections 2702 and 2703 - The Maryland Insurance Administration will hire a consultant to complete a market research study focusing on guaranteed availability and renewability of plan coverage in low income, underserved, and rural areas. The assessment will include whether people in these areas forego purchasing insurance or renew existing plans due to lack of network adequacy.
Section 2707 - The Maryland Insurance Administration will use grant funds to hire a consultant to complete a market research study focusing on barriers to use of essential health benefits in low income, underserved, and rural areas. The assessment will include whether people in these areas forego purchasing insurance or renew existing plans due to lack of network adequacy. The market research study report will aid Maryland with health plan review, setting its benchmark plan, and any necessary amendments to network adequacy regulation.
- March 5, 2020 Information Related to COVID–19 Individual and Small Group Market Insurance Coverage
- March 12, 2020 FAQs on Essential Health Benefits Coverage and the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- March 18, 2020 FAQs on Catastrophic Plan Coverage and the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- March 24, 2020 FAQs on Availability and Usage of Telehealth Services through Private Health Insurance Coverage in Response to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- March 24, 2020 Payment and Grace Period Flexibilities Associated with the COVID-19 National Emergency
- March 24, 2020 FAQs on Prescription Drugs and the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) for Issuers Offering Health Insurance Coverage in the Individual and Small Group Markets
- April 11, 2020 FAQs about Families First Coronavirus Response Act and the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act Implementation
*This document was updated on April 15, 2020, to correct an error in footnote 10 regarding the current end date of the public health emergency related to COVID 19.
- April 13, 2020 Postponement of 2019 Benefit Year HHS-operated Risk Adjustment Data Validation (HHS-RADV)